Head of Youth Development for Balestier Khalsa FC Centre of Excellence (COE) squads
To oversee all youth football and player progression for Balestier Khalsa FC.
To be responsible for implementing a youth development and player progression strategy for the club and to provide a link from youth and community football to the professional men’s first team.
• To develop an ‘Academy Action Plan’ for the future progression of the BKFC Academy
• To develop and progress plans for a ‘transition squad’ in advance of season 2023-24
• To develop a recruitment model for the identification and recruitment of talented players for the youth squads
• To help drive a high performance culture throughout the football department
• Creation of a youth development strategy in-line with the club’s ambitions and overall club strategy, including the future development of the BKFC Academy and transition squad .
• Management of the club’s youth development programme at U17s and U21s, including budget management
• Line manager to the club’s youth development staff and youth recruitment staff
• Management of the clubs ‘transition squad’ including its players and staff
• Working alongside the Head Coach to develop a football philosophy, a thread which will run throughout the club's youth and first teams.
• To develop and create assets for the club to sell on and generate income from
• Creating an attractive and inspiring exit strategy for players leaving ‘elite’ and ‘performance’ level academies to join BKFC as part of the clubs’ recruitment strategy
• Developing a scouting team, network and structure, with all relevant processes in place
• Developing a coach education programme for all youth and foundation coaches
• Responsible for the annual AFC & FAS Club Licensing processes for youth development
• To help develop high performance habits and values within the staff and youth players thus contributing to the development of a high performance culture
• Developing relations with the foundation squads and local recreational clubs
• Leadership and/or management qualification
• Qualified to a minimum of AFC/UEFA A Licence
• Experience of working within professional football
• Experience within youth development and player progression
• A strong network within Singapore football at all levels
• Excellent organisational, administrative and presenting skills
• Appropriate IT skills in a range of packages including Microsoft Word, Excel etc
• Excellent leadership skills
• Passionate, enthusiastic and driven to succeed