Following Greg Shields decision to accept a role outside of football, DAFC are encouraging applicants for the important position in the Dunfermline Athletic Academy as Head of Professional.
Head of Professional plays a key role in the development of players at the upper ages of our academy as they strive to earn full time contracts at the club and ultimately be developed in to first team players.
Along side coaching players aged U14-U18, the person will also help transition academy players in to mens football working closely with our first team coaching staff. This includes involvement with the Reserve and Development teams.
The closing dates for applications will be Wednesday 31st January.
Applications should be emailed to --
Job Title: Head of Professional / Academy Coaching U14-U18
Reportng To: Chief Executve Officer
Objectve: To develop each player to maximise their potental
• To provide coaching sessions specifcally for Reserve squad, U18s and also for U16s
and U14s when required.
• To be available to provide daytme coaching sessions U18s players on a full tme
contract when required.
• To lead coaching staf on match days for U18s and Reserves.
• To provide a report of matches played at Reserves and U18s.
• To meet on a monthly basis with CEO and 1st team staf to provide an update on
progress of U18s players and in partcular High Performance Players with a view to
their inclusion in Reserve matches and possible integraton into 1st team coaching
• To liaise with Sports Science, Medical and Analysis staf to ensure players in squads
within the remit of Head of Professional are ofered optmum support.
• To mentor coaches in ages U14s, U16s and U18s and provide staf development via
in service sessions during the course of the season.
• To conduct a yearly appraisal of coaches at U18, U16s and U14s.
• To ensure that the coaching curriculum for U18s, U16s and U14s is being followed by
squad coaches and to review the curriculum on a yearly basis.
• To develop a positve relatonship with parents of all youngsters in our programme.
• To identfy the U18s players available for each match and ensuring responsibility is
with each individual player to confrm his availability at least one day before the
• To liaise with the Head of Academy / Head of Recruitment regarding the inclusion of
trialists in your squad, whilst ensuring each trialist is fully notfed of all relevant
details regarding coaching sessions/matches to be atended.
• To provide feedback on trialists who partcipate in Reserves and U18s.
• To develop in Academy players their awareness and buying in to Academy
philosophy regarding; healthy lifestyle, diet, drug awareness, educaton and code of
• Atend in service courses as best as you can as directed by SFA and the Head of
• To liaise with scouts on players needed for the squads under your remit and to
identfy potental players who might be coming in.
• To produce two player reports each year for U18s and atend individual meetngs
with the players and parents for the squads related to your remit
• UEFA ELITE YOUTH A LICENCE (Or working towards)
• Valid UK Driving licence
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience in working in a similar role
• Competence with IT skills
The successful candidate’s appointment will be subject to a satsfactory PVG Scotland
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
The closing dates for applicatons will be Wednesday 31st January. Given the expected
interest in the post only those who will be invited for interview will contacted.