Head of Physiotherapy
Job Location: CPFC Training Ground, Copers Cope Road, Beckenham, Kent BR3 1RJ
Contract Type: Permanent/ Full time
Closing Date: December 1st, 2021
Who we are…
Our Sports Science and Medicine Department is comprised of experienced and skilled practitioners, working across a variety of disciplines. We are committed to developing robustness and optimising performance within our playing squad, as well as ensuring that injured players are safely and effectively returned to competition in the quickest possible timeframe. In order to achieve this, we strive to innovate and push boundaries, using clear processes, objectivity and continual reflection to guide us. We push staff within the department to make their own decisions and take ownership of the program, making a role within our department challenging but extremely rewarding.
Who you are…
We are looking for a Head of Physiotherapy to lead the provision of excellent physiotherapy services to the first team squad and continually seek to improve the quality of this provision to enhance player performance, reduce injury risk and minimise the time taken to recover from injury.
Your responsibilities will include….
Leadership and Communication:
• Communicate effectively with the Head of Medical and the Manager on the availability status of first team players as well the progress of injured players in rehabilitation.
• Lead in the development and refinement of medical processes to maintain best-practise.
• Line manager to the physiotherapists, rehab coach and masseurs.
• Co-ordinate, organise and lead all staff within the department to deliver an excellent standard of care to the first team squad, in keeping with the CPFC Sports Science and Medicine Operations Manual.
• Work closely with the Head of Fitness and Conditioning to ensure effective integration of sports science and medicine staff.
• To have the final decision (alongside the Head of Medical) on the management plans of first team players.
• Attend all first team fixtures, leading on pitch-side trauma cover.
• Overall responsibility (alongside the Head of Medical) for the assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of all first team players.
• Ensure a process-based, innovative approach to rehabilitation of injured players to minimise return-to-play time of injured players and reduce their risk of subsequent injury.
• Lead on the rehabilitation of injured first team players.
• Accompany players to medical appointments as required.
• Overall responsibility for the continual development and refinement of the CPFC Sports Science and Medicine Operations Manual.
• Produce monthly availability and injured player updates for the football management and board.
• Responsible for organising the provision and scheduling of 365 days a year, physiotherapy and massage provision.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date clinical notes in keeping with HCPC regulations.
• Ensure an effective in-service training program is developed and delivered for all Sports Science and Medicine staff.
• Ensure Continuing Professional Development is undertaken.
You will have…
• Success in managing key functions of a Sports Science and Medicine department.
• Significant experience and success in the delivery of medical information to players, coaches and sports science and medicine staff.
• Significant experience in the assessment, treatment and management of professional football players.
• Significant experience of gym based rehabilitation strategies.
• Significant experience of using clinical and pitch based objective measures to inform decision making in terms of availability for training and match-play as well as in a rehabilitation setting.
• BSc in Physiotherapy.
• Working towards or have achieved a Masters in a related field.
• HCPC and CSP registration.
• Up-to-date ATMMIF qualification.
Knowledge and Clinical Skills:
• Excellent depth and breadth of knowledge in the field of sport and exercise medicine and specifically, physiotherapy.
• Excellent clinical assessment, treatment and rehabilitation skills.
• Leadership- able to inspire, motivate and galvanise both players and staff.
• Purposeful and driven.
• Able to take calculated risks when required.
• Composure- unflappable in a high pressure environment.
• Character- a caring, positive and enthusiastic nature with players and staff.
• Decisiveness- able to make decisions based on sound reasoning and communicate these clearly and appropriately with players and staff.
• Team player.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with staff, players and external providers.
• Strong work ethic.
What you’ll get in return….
Cycle to work and tech scheme
Social activities (day at the races, holiday party, team nights out)
High level of responsibility from day one!
20% Club Shop discount
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com with the subject of what role you are applying for.