Head of Football Administration
Location: Various sites across Manchester and Salford.
Our Head of Football Administration plays a pivotal role at the Club, managing all player contractual obligations and administration, always ensuring the Club’s adherence to football rules and regulations, managing fixtures scheduling and being a key person within the Club’s football operations and matchday processes across the first team, academy and Salford City Lionesses.
· Facilitate and deliver the registration and re-engagement of all players in accordance with the regulations by which the Club is bound. This will include all player contracts, registration, loan
agreements and transfer documents, using the necessary systems including CPS. MOAS and FIFA TMS.
· Assist in the contract management of all players.
· Ensure that the Finance Department is provided with the necessary contractual details of payments due to and from players, other clubs, agents, and governing bodies.
· Manage and ensure compliance of policies and the Players Code of Conduct.
· Ensure compliance with all rules and regulations of the various football authorities, and that all relevant paperwork, submissions and returns are completed on time.
· Co-ordination and maintenance of player disciplinary matters and records, including the preparation of FA appeals and highlighting when a player is approaching a suspension.
· Manage the scheduling of all first team fixtures including the arrangement of match officials for all first team home fixtures.
· Liaise with the Club’s medical department to ensure medical information and insurance is up to date including management of the FA Whereabouts system.
· Maintain live player records including appearances, contractual obligations, disciplinary and financial costs across all players registered with the Club.
· Liaise with all football bodies, i.e. The FA, EFL, PGMOL, Lancashire FA and other relevant authorities and attend meetings when required.
Matchdays and Fixtures:
· Ensure that administration is undertaken relating to matchdays including gate statements, kit colours, away directors’ information, team sheets, appearances after every game and submitted to the League in line with agreed timescales.
· Liaise with the First Team Manager to arrange the pre-season fixtures with the necessary administration including the drafting of pre-season agreements.
· Liaise with First Team staff and assisting with the arrangement on all player related trips throughout the season.
· Liaise with the EFL, SAG and police regarding all home fixtures.
· Managing any fixture changes or amendments throughout the season liaising with the Board, Executive Team and First Team Manager.
· Processing all ticket requests from clubs and governing bodies.
· Support the first team staff in the management of away fixture travel arrangements.
· Management of cup competition process including, entry, fixtures, financial submissions and general compliance.
· Provide support to the Club’s academy regarding the administration and submission of forms and registration documents when required.
· Assist in the Club’s salary spending controls submission to the EFL (SCMP - Salary Cost Management Protocol) and other regulatory financial submissions.
· Provide support to Salford City Lionesses, first and reserve team including administration and submission of forms and registration documents and to act as a point of contact for The FA.
· Ensure all teams associated with Salford City Football Club (including First Team, B-Team, Academy, Salford City Lionesses) are registered on the Whole Game System.
· Provide general football administration expertise to the Chief Executive, Sporting Director, first team management, player recruitment, academy, and all staff where appropriate.
You will be a self-starter who thrives working within an autonomous environment making key decisions. You will have an important presence at the Club with credibility and authority to serve as an effective ambassador. With an approachable demeanour, you will have the ability to interact collaboratively with a wide range of the club’s employees and stakeholders. The ability to act with confidentiality, discretion, and diplomacy is key.
You will thrive in a challenging and busy environment, keeping up to date with regulations and rules, networking with other club’s football administration teams and highlighting current trends and new practices. Our Head of Football Administration will be exceptionally organised and able to deal with multiple competing priorities to very strict deadlines. You will have the ability to plan and communicate to a very high standard. Accuracy and a meticulous attention to detail will be critical. A proven ability to multitask and manage multiple projects is ideal.
You will mainly based at the Peninsula Stadium and training facilities with flexibility to work from home if appropriate. Your working hours will suit the demands of the Club and you are required to work all home matchdays.
· Experience of working in a professional sports club, knowledge of EFL operational requirements and domestic and international football regulations, and experience in creating and reviewing legal contracts and agreements.
· Strong organisational and administrative skills, including experience of policy development and implementation.
· Valid full UK driver’s licence
· Enhanced DBS Check is required for the role.
· Excellent IT skills, ability to use a variety of internal and external software systems.
How to Apply
You can apply by sending an SCFC job application form to — with a cover letter explaining what is special about you, what you can bring to the Club and why you want the position.
Please state clearly which role you are applying for in the subject heading.
CVs will only be accepted if a job application form is completed.
The role closes on 15th November.
The Club is fully committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk who engage in our activities. We recognise that we have a responsibility to safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable groups and we have policies and procedures in place which all of our staff are trained in and are expected to adhere to as part of their employment. An offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory DBS check (depending on the role), satisfactory references and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.Salford City FC is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from anyone suitably qualified. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment. We encourage applications from all candidates regardless of age, race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or nationality.