Job Title: Head of Coaching & Player Development
Reporting to: Academy Manager
Purpose: To contribute to the long-term development of elite coaches and players within the Academy
at Accrington Stanley Football Club.
The accountabilities of the Head of Coaching shall include:
• Have responsibility for delivery of the Academy's Coaching Curriculum.
• Be responsible for designing and delivering the Club's continued professional development
programme, which shall reflect the Club's playing philosophy and coaching philosophy and
each coach's Coach Competency Framework for all the Club's Academy coaches.
• Provide a clear, up-to-date Training needs analysis (TNA) of every individual coach’s current and
required level of performance.
• In conjunction with each of the Club's coaches, plan, deliver and monitor the delivery of
individual development plans for each such coach.
• Organise, in conjunction with other Academy staff, appropriate in-house training and
development events for all Full and Part Time staff.
• In conjunction with the Academy Manager, oversee the Academy coaching programme from
U9 to U18.
• Observe coach performance and provide feedback to aid development.
• Ensure the qualification status of the coaching workforce is assessed and ensure all coaches
hold required qualifications for their role and age group.
• Provide 1:1 coaching to coaches in order to develop their level of knowledge and performance.
• Ensure the Academy’s Coaching Curriculum is consistently delivered in line with the Academy’s
(and/or Club’s) Playing Philosophy and Coaching Philosophy.
• Design and implement a Club Specific Coach Competency Framework (CCF) to monitor and
evaluate coaches in order to develop DAPs and coach development opportunities.
• In conjunction with the Designated Safeguarding Officer, ensure all policies, practices and
procedures relating to the safeguarding of young people are implemented.