JOB ROLE SUMMARY
Job Title Head of Coaching & Development (Beijing, China)
Location Beijing, China, Asia
Function Coaching & Performance — Academy
Employment Terms Fixed Term, Full Time
Closing Date Applications must be submitted by Saturday, 19th November 2022 at 5:00pm
JOB ROLE DETAILS
Head of Coaching & Development (Beijing, China).
Established in 2001, China ClubFootball is one of China's biggest grassroots football
providers, and a licensed joint-venture. Managed by UK nationals, ClubFootball operates a football development programme for Chinese and international children in Beijing, as well as PE programmes, junior league competitions, and coach education projects for local teachers and coaches. ClubFootball has provided an on-the-ground presence on projects for a range of partners including the Ministry of Education, Premier League, Nike, and British Council.
ClubFootball is seeking an experienced, talented and motivated Head of Coaching &
Development to join the club's operations in central Beijing, China.
The Head of Coaching & Development has overall responsibility for managing and developing all aspects of the club's coaching programmes; programmes teach football to Chinese and international children aged 4 to 18 at 20+ locations across the city, using the FA's '4-Corner Model'. Courses range from skills courses for beginners through to teams which compete locally and internationally across Asia (Covid permitting).
The successful candidate will oversee the club's development pathway and strive to grow the number of players participating at all levels of the pyramid, giving each player the best possible developmental footballing experience based on their ability and needs.
The Head of Coaching & Development works together with the Head of Coach Education and Coaching Operations Manager to manage, coordinate and develop the club's team of 8-10 full-time UK/European coaches and local coaching assistants, ensuring they are well-placed to deliver high-quality sessions consistently across all programmes in 'the ClubFootball Way'.
A maximum average of 8 hrs per week on the pitch coaching is required as part of the position. Please contact us for a full job description.
- Candidates should have a UEFA B licence minimum, and ideally also a related university degree.
- Experience of managing a team of coaches and overseeing coaching programmes in a similar and like minded organisation is preferred and excellent organisational and communication skills are a must.
- A genuine passion for grassroots development and bringing a love of football to new players is essential.
- Life in China is fascinating but very different to UK/Europe; the ability to adapt quickly to a new environment and see differences as challenges rather than drawbacks is essential.
- Overseas experience is advantageous but excellent candidates without will be considered.
- Candidates without a clean ACRO/police check are unable to apply for a China work permit so need not apply.
The contract runs from Feb/Mar 2023 - Dec 2024.
Flights and work permits/visas are provided, as well as a salary of 2500-2800 GBP per month after tax.
Accommodation is arranged within walking distance of the ClubFootball HQ with westernized shopping malls and many local restaurants nearby too.
Nike kit & equipment and transport to and from sessions are provided.
For more information on the position including a full job description, please mail a CV to email@example.com
Please see www.clubfootball.com.cn for basic info on China ClubFootball.
Covid 19 note:
Although China's borders have been closed to regular travel since 2020, the
number of Covid cases in Beijing has been extremely low and Beijing has never been in lockdown.