Head of Academy Operations
Location: Staplewood Training Ground, Southampton (with up to 40% home working)
Hours: Full time, flexible schedule due to assistance during evenings, weekends and matchdays
Contract Type: Permanent
Criminal Record Check: DBS Enhanced with Child’s Barred List
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join one of the most successful academies in the world.
Our objective is to be ‘The no.1 Youth Developer in Football.’
What will you be doing?
This is an operations-based role, which covers Academy transport, operations, and governance. The Head of Academy Operations will oversee the day-to-day operation of the Academy, including the organisation, planning and delivery of all operational and logistical support within the clubs Academy.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Attend observe training, competitions and fixtures, as and when required.
· Lead on the organisation and support the logistics on away games, festivals, tournaments and residentials.
· Ensure a challenging and appropriate games and tour programme is provided to each age group within the phase.
· Be a productive member of the Academy Leadership Team representing the Operations function at all relevant meetings.
· Ensure all standards of kit, equipment and facilities are of Category 1 Academy standard at all sessions.
· Play a leading role in the Category 1 EPPP Audit process for the Premier League youth department.
· Be accountable for a departmental budget and make decisions on expenditure in line with Academy policy and strategy.
· Oversee and Manage the Academy Administration and Operations Teams, ensuring suitable working practices and protocols are in place for the entire pathway 9-18.
· Oversee travel and logistics for all registered Academy players and trialists.
· Develop and initiate, with the support of our Phase Operations Coordinators, a world class games programme for players at our Staplewood Campus and external sites. This will include venue arrangements, travel requirements, accommodation, kit, administration, match officials, security, parking and liaison with opposition.
· To oversee the planning and organisation of tours, tournaments and residentials throughout the pathway and calendar year.
· Oversee administration for all registered Academy players and staff. This includes line managing the people responsible for the secretariat responsibilities as well as ensuring the protocols are in line with Academy policy and strategy.
· Maintain an up to date working knowledge of the youth development rules to ensure compliance with our Academy licence.
· Liaise with campus support, grounds, security and catering to ensure a high-quality provision is in place for our players and parents during training and matchdays.
· Liaise with branding and marketing to ensure the Academy aspects of our training sites resemble the Club brand accurately.
Is this you?
This role will require someone with high levels of emotional intelligence to manage the range of operational functions within the Academy. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and be able to work both on their own initiative and as part of a team of staff, in order to make effective decisions impacting on the Academy and wider Club.
All staff are expected to support the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion agenda, by embracing diversity and the positivity that diversity brings, to create an environment that is welcoming for all, free from any form of discrimination, harassment and abuse.
· Experience of managing people and teams.
· Experience of Youth development at a Category One Academy.
· Experience of dealing with young players, parents, and key stakeholders.
· Elite Academy Managers programme or working towards or equivalent level of CPD and personal development.
· Senior management or leadership experience in a similar elite sporting environment is desirable.
How this benefits you…
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
A full-time role within Southampton FC’s prestigious Category 1 Academy
Opportunity to work for a successful Premier League Club
27 days annual leave excluding bank holidays, plus your birthday off each year
Access to x2 free match tickets for every home league game
Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
Contributory pension scheme
Life assurance of 3x basic salary
How can I apply?
Just click on the apply button below, enter your details and answer a quick pre-screening questionnaire, then attach your CV.
The closing date for applications is Monday 7 November.
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if a high volume of applicants are received.*