Job Title Head of Academy & Regional Goalkeeping
Place of Work Regional Performance Centre, Gussie Park, Baldragon
Academy & the HPC at St Andrews University
Status Part Time
Hours of Work Flexible
Report To Head of Goalkeeping
Head of Player Development
Key Relationships Pre-Academy & Events Manager
Head of Talent ID & Recruitment
Head of Academy Coaching
All Academy staff, parents and players
Salary £12,000 plus bonuses
Start Date September 2021
Overall Purpose of Job
To lead the individual development of the Under 8-16s goalkeepers, assist the Head of Goalkeeping with the
individual development of young professional goalkeepers and the management and implementation of the
Regional Goalkeeping Development Business Strategy with the Head of Goalkeeping.
Main Responsibilities/Description of Duties
• To deliver high quality coaching relevant to respective age and stage of goalkeepers, educating them
in line with the Academy Goalkeeping Programme and methodology.
• To complete individual player feedback reports and analysis after each match and Individual
Development Programme cycle.
• To complete and submit all session plans including session objectives and post-session evaluation
timeously and to a high standard.
• To lead the design, delivery and monitoring of Individual Development Programmes for Academy
goalkeepers in conjunction with the player, parents/guardians and Head of Goalkeeping.
• To create and manage the Regional Goalkeeping Development Programme with the Head of
Goalkeeping including development centres, coach education, holiday camps and Talent ID initiatives.
• To grow and develop a profitable business strategy for the Regional Goalkeeping Development
Programme for all parties in relation to KPIs.
• To develop and maintain a professional relationship with the relevant parents/guardians of players
within your group including regular communication of training and match day information.
• To maintain and update all player information including medical and emergency contact details.
• Work closely with the Head of Academy Coaching in completion of your Coach Development Plan.
• To attend and contribute to all Academy In-Service days and deliver input where required.
• To attend and contribute to relevant Academy Technical Board meetings where required.
• To take responsibility for the care and maintenance of all age group training equipment and playing
• To assess trialists at both training and games and feedback to the Head of Talent ID and Recruitment.
• To assist with Physical Performance input where required at training sessions.
• To attend tournaments and trips when requested by the club.
• To abide by all club policies including, but not exclusive to, Safeguarding, Equality and Health & Safety
• To maintain your coaching qualifications by attending a minimum of fifteen hours of recognized
Continuous Professional Development every three years.
• To maintain a valid National Sports First Aid Certificate.
• To maintain a valid and up to date PVG every three years.
Experience and Qualifications
• Valid UEFA Goalkeeping B Licence or above.
• Record of Continuous Professional
Development with Scottish FA or equivalent
(minimum of 15 hours over last 3 years).
• Experience of coaching within the relevant age
• Strong IT skills particularly Word, Excel and
• Excellent communication skills specific to age
and stage of players and other relevant partners
(eg. parents, academy staff).
• Ability to relate to and understand young
people, demonstrating personality and
• Committed to working evenings and weekends
including training sessions, fixtures and inservice training.
• Sensitive to the needs of young players and
• Full driving licence and access to a car.
• PVG check to be completed before
• Eligible to work in the UK.
• Sports Management & Business experience.
• Further education in relevant field (eg. degree,
honours, additional courses).
• Experience of Performance Analysis and Football
• Experience of designing and developing Individual
Development Programmes in line with the short
and long term requirements and goals of young
• Knowledge of mental skills development in young
• Child and Adolescent Mental Health course or
• National Sports First Aid Certificate.
• Additional skill set to coaching that can enhance
other areas of the academy/club.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by
Friday 17th September 2021.