Grassroots Scouting Coordinator
Grassroots Scouting Coordinator
We`ve got an exciting opportunity to come and join the LFC team in the role of Grassroots Scouting Coordinator !
The Grassroots Scouting Coordinator is responsible for overseeing, coordinating and administering the coverage of grassroots football at the U9`s to U14`s age groups, within one and a half hour travelling distance of the LFC Academy based in Kirkby, Liverpool. Reporting to the Head of Academy Recruitment U9`s-U14`s, your responsibilities will include :
- Managing the day to day running of grassroots scouting within 1hr and 30mins of theLFC Academy;
- Systematically planning and coordinating tournament coverage for U9-U16 grassroots clubs and primary and secondary schools in the North West;
- Facilitating departmental meetings and keeping records for audit purposes;
- Highlighting key players, fixtures and tournaments to the Head of Academy Recruitment U9-U14;
- Producing detailed comparisons with LFC players and trialists to assist the decision making processes;
- The development and introduction of a new grassroots scouting platform;
- Leading and developing the Academy U9-U16 grassroots trial player process. This includes;
- Overseeing the player pathway into LFC
- Discussing the trial process with Academy coaches
- Providing feedback to families
- Liaising with the Head of Academy Football Administration to ensure that the relevant paperwork is complete.
- Providing administrative support to the LFC Advanced Coaching Centres and summer and winter programmes;
- Arrangement and distribution of the department kit order to trial players and casual staff.
Very strong ICT skills with experience of using Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook etc to expert level;
An understanding of video analysis and video editing with some experience in utilising Hudl,
Sportscode, Veo or other sport video platforms;
5+ years experience gained working in a role within either Association Football or Schoolboy
Football organisations based in the Liverpool region.
Excellent organisation and communication skills.
Terms and Conditions
This is a full-time permanent role working 5 days in 7 which will include weekends and often unsociable hours. A high level of flexibility will be required.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and a contributory pension scheme.
You will have access to our benefits kit bag where you can get high street discounts, and a selection of benefit schemes you can join. There are opportunities to get involved with volunteering through our LFC Foundation to give back to the local community.
Your main base will be the LFC Academy based in Kirkby, Liverpool.
We are aiming to be the most inclusive football club - providing fair and appropriate opportunities to as many people from different backgrounds as possible, being welcoming and meeting their needs as best we can. We are committed to hiring great people representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, not just because it`s the right thing to do, but because we believe it makes our Club stronger. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment. Working in this role you must always treat children and vulnerable adults with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and always observing proper boundaries appropriate to the professional position having regard for the need to safeguard children and vulnerable adult`s well-being.