As a West Ham Foundation football coach, you would look to deliver fun, safe, and formative sessions that challenge our players, West Ham United Foundation would provide schemes of work for topics set and coaches are trusted to then use their own knowledge to deliver this in an effective structured session.
Candidates must have a passion for sport, determination to be successful and ability to deliver a variety of sessions. Individuals will need to be energetic and inspiring, as well as outcome driven and well organised.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: -
Education / Qualifications / Experience:
* Experience FA Level 1 & 2 Coaching award and / or FA Youth Module 1 & 2
* Passion for sport and experience in coaching, development, organisation, or delivery
* Evidence of a sporting background and experience delivering in schools, community groups or clubs
* Experience delivering to primary and secondary aged pupils.
* FA Safeguarding and Emergency Aid Certificates
* Hold a valid driving licence and be able to commute to different WHUF venues.
Abilities / Skills / Knowledge
A Demonstrate a good understanding of how to engage young people
Demonstrate an understanding of how to improve sports participation
Demonstrate a basic understanding of marketing and how this is relevant to community engagement
Must be able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication / presentation skills, which are culturally competent.
Able to work within a diverse community and draw on individual strengths to promote sports participation.
Able to communicate with participants, partner agencies and the public effectively
Flexible working in accordance with the requirements of the service which will include working evenings and weekends and holidays
Commitment to develop and improve own performance and CPD
Ability to work independently
Strong commitment to quality service delivery
Ability to get on with a wide range of people
Ability to monitor and evaluate programme delivery