Job vacancy: Female Football Development Coach
Remuneration + benefits: • £Negotiable
• 28 days holidays (including bank holidays)
• Long service holidays
• Free parking
• Death in service benefit
• Employee Assistance Program
• Free access to health and wellbeing services
• Access to store discounts/cashback
• BFC retail store discount
• Subsidised home matchday tickets
Contract type: Full time [35 hours per week] - Fixed Term until 30th June 2024
You will be required to work outside of normal office hours, at evenings, weekends and match days as required.
Location: Burnley Football Club, Turf Moor, Harry Potts Way, BB10 4BX and various local training/fixture venues
Closing date: Friday 9th November 2022
Should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Burnley FC reserve right to remove this advert.
Burnley FC in the Community (BFCitC) is the award-winning, official charity of Burnley Football Club.
We work hard every day to deliver our mission to inspire, support and deliver change to communities across Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, the Ribble Valley and West Yorkshire.
We believe in the immense power of our football club to transform people’s lives for the better. We believe Burnley and Pendle is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you. Come and be part of our story!
An exciting opportunity has become available for a highly motivated and conscientious Female Football Development Coach to support the planning and implementation of a comprehensive, purposeful Female Football Development Strategy, whilst upholding and executing all processes relating to the monitoring and evaluation of the programmes.
Reporting to the Female Football Development Officer (FFDO), the Female Football Development Coach will be expected to;
• Support the management of the day-to-day operations of Burnley FC in the Community, female-specific initiatives, that endeavours to providing meaningful sporting and social opportunities for girls and women of all ages and abilities
• Support the co-ordination and delivery of the Emerging Talent Centre, BFC Women Junior teams, and participation-based sessions across the region
• Support the delivery of the Girls Post16 Academy when required, delivered in partnership with Nelson and Colne College
• Organise and deliver regular female only after school club’s and school holiday provision
• Push, drive and grow our Female only skill centre to offer maximum opportunities in the local area to female participants at grassroots level
• Ensure that all practical elements of delivery are conducted to the highest standards, that befits the caliber of BFCiTC.
• Tackle the underrepresentation of females in sport, via the delivery of awareness workshops, that aim to focus on heightening the profile of the female game
• Partake in the crucial processes of monitoring and evaluation, to ensure that the progress / impact of any given provision is reporting to key funders in a timely and effectively manner. This includes the use of regular registers and the Views platform
• Assist in other areas of the organisation, where necessary, this will be inclusive of match days and some evening work
• To understand and implement the Charity’s Safeguarding policy, procedures, and best practice guidelines in your role. To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
• To be able to work flexible hours where the role of the job requires.
• To work towards agreed objectives.
• Comply with all Charity policies.
• Promote the Burnley FC in the Community brand and ethos in a professional, strong, and positive manner.
• Work alongside other team members to support in other areas of the organisation as and when required to promote best practice.
• Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace.
• Willingness to attend training courses to enhance own professional development.
• Always demonstrate the Charity’s values.
The ideal candidate will have/be;
• Degree level education or equivalent
• FA Level 1 Award in Coaching Football
• FA Level 2 Award in Coaching Football
• Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
• Full clean driving license with access to own transport
• A proven track record of the successful implementation of Female Specific Sporting provision
• Experience of working with underrepresented groups of people in sport and physical activity
• Experience of developing and maintaining working relationships with stakeholders in other organisations
• Strategically and operationally astute with a proven experience of the coordination of football development programmes
• Experience of working within a high pressured, results driven environment
• A flexible approach to work and be able to work evenings and weekends.
The full job description can be found on the Burnley FC in the Community website Careers and Volunteers - Burnley FC in the Community (burnleyfccommunity.org)
How to apply
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on our website (alternative format available upon request). CV’s will not be accepted.
Burnley FC in the Community are committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS) which will be paid for by the employer.
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.