To deliver an elite physiotherapy service.
• To deliver an elite physiotherapy service to First Team Players and Staff.
• To provide a high level of manual therapy, acupuncture, and soft tissue-based treatments to First Team players as appropriate.
• To formulate, deliver and review rehabilitation and reconditioning programmes utilising appropriate evidence and criteria-based strategies.
• To assist Head of Rehabilitation with the day-to-day delivery and strategic planning of an elite Sports Science and Medicine service.
• To actively contribute to the creation of a highperformance environment by ensuring all duties are completed with pride, consistency and to the best of your ability.
Summary of Duties
• To assist in the provision of an elite and evidencebased Physiotherapy service to First Team Players and Staff while demonstrating high professional standards.
• Assist in the assessment and diagnosis of injury, along with the formulation of appropriate goal orientated treatment, rehabilitation, and management plans.
• To provide a high level of manual therapy, acupuncture, and soft tissue-based treatments to the First Team as appropriate.
• To design, implement and review evidence and criteria based rehabilitation procedures, protocols and techniques.
• To assist in provision of a thorough routine medical and neuromusculoskeletal screening process. This will include appropriate report generation and referral and the formulation and delivery ofsubsequent treatment and management strategies.
• Assist with the design, delivery, and audit of injury prevention strategies.
• Assist in the medical assessment process of new Players
• To provide pitch side emergency aid and Physiotherapy cover during training and matches as required.
• To cover U23 matches, as required, from an emergency aid and physiotherapy perspective.
• Liaise closely with Players, Sports Science and Medicine colleagues and Coaching Staff.
• Maintain appropriate medical and physiotherapy records in keeping with Club, FA, EFL, CSP and HPCP regulations.
• To maintain the injury surveillance and audit database and analyse this data as directed by the Head of Rehabilitation.
• To maintain and update the FA Whereabouts System in keeping with FA and WADA Requirements.
• To remain up-to-date with advances in the fields of physiotherapy and Sports Science and Medicine through regular CPD activities.
• To attend and contribute to the Sports Science and Medicine Departments CPD Programme.
• To maintain all legal and professional qualifications as required by Club, FA, EFL, CSP and HPCP regulations.
• To assist in the review and formulation of clinical governance strategies
• To attend and contribute to any Departmental, Management or other meetings that are arranged where relevant to your role.
• To assist with any other reasonable duties as directed by management staff.
Education • BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy or equivalent. • Full membership to the Charted Society of Physiotherapy • Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council. • Advanced Trauma and Medical Management in Football (ATMMiF) qualification or equivalent or higher qualification. • Comprehensive and appropriate post-graduate CPD Portfolio.
Experience • Previous experience of providing physiotherapy in an elite sport environment. • Knowledge and understanding of company and governing body policies, procedures and regulations relating to your role.
Skills • Extensive clinical assessment and treatment skills and a sound understanding of the rehabilitation and reconditioning process, including the ability to apply a wide range of reasoned techniques and methods.
Personal Qualities • An ability to work within the scope of your practice while recognising the need to refer for further investigation or specialist input. • Excellent communication skills with an ability to liaise with players, coaches, management, medical staff and any such individuals in a personable and professional manner. • An ability to work in a high-pressured environment with a flexible approach, to dedicate time to the programme as the schedule determines. • A strong 'can do' attitude • Excellent organisational, logistical and time management skills with ability to meet stringent deadlines.• The ability to adapt to different, changing and challenging situations. • Possess the drive and enthusiasm to set high standards and lead by example while achieving agreed objectives. • A flexible approach to work, including a willingness to work unsociable hours. • High self- motivation • The ability to work independently under your own initiative and as part of an extensive high-performance team. • Honest and trustworthy with a high level of confidentiality and exceptional personal integrity. • Full and clean driving license
• Have a full clean driving license • MSc Sports and Exercise Medicine/Strength and Conditioning or equivalent degree or working towards. • FA Learning Safeguarding Children Certificate. • Working knowledge, of Benchmark 54, Catapult, and Ultralinq
Closing Date: 25th June 2021