We are looking for a Lead Physiotherapist for the male first team! Do you want to join the most successful football club in the Czech Republic? Do you want to work in elite football? Do you want to work in a multicultural department? Then we might be looking for you!
Job title: Lead First Team Physiotherapist
Reports to: Head of Performance
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Hours per week: This is a full-tme role requiring flexibility to work evenings and weekends,
plus regular travel to away matches.
Contract: Permanent (Start date 8th of January 2024)
Salary: Competitive and dependents on skills and experience
Application deadline: 8th December 2023
How to apply: Application (CV & Cover letter) is sent to the Head Of Performance at
-- Extra Soccer Link in English.
- To contribute to the con?nuous success and achievements of AC Sparta Praha,
striving for excellence and op?mal service provision within the senior male team
- To strive to create a medical department, in collabora?on with the Head of
Performance, that is viewed as a Centre of Excellence in the Czech Republic.
- This role will also be co-responsible for development off the medical department of
the Youth Development Phase (U16-U19) in collaborative on with the Head of
Performance and Academy Lead Academy physiotherapist.
Roles and responsibilites:
- To manage the provision of physiotherapy and sports therapy services across the first
team in a professional manner using up to date evidence.
- To lead the day-to-day provision of medical care to first team players in collabora?on
the Chief of Medical/Head of Medical Services. Including facilitating the best choice
of assessments for the individual player.
- To facilitate and support the provision of physiotherapy and sports therapy services
across the second team and academy players (U16-U19).
- Collaborative decision making with the Head of Performance for the day-to-day
management of players.
- To manage the early rehabilitation phase of injured players whilst providing regular
medical report updates and recommendations to the Head Coach, Head of
Performance and Lead Sports Scientist.
- Collaborative decision making with the Head of Performance and Lead Sports
Scientist for the management of players returning to pitch training acer the early
rehabilitation on phase.
- To lead and assist the physio and sports therapy staff in assessment and treatment
during training and match days.
- Responsible on match day for pitch side first aid and emergency care including the
systems and infrastructure required to ensure that these processes are supported,
documented, and reviewed appropriately, in collaborative on with the Head of
Performance and the rest of the Club medical staff.
- Collaborative with the Head of Performance and sports science staff to develop and
implement individual injury preventon strategies for first team players.
- Maintain up to date physiotherapy records on an electronic database, always
exercising completely confidentality regarding all players.
- To produce monthly and bi-annual audits of injuries to report back to the Head of
Performance and Lead Sport Scientist.
- Continue to develop professionally to remain at the forefront of sports
Main job requirements and person specification
- Relevant degree qualification on in physiotherapy (minimum BSc & preferable MSc)
- Minimum 5 years work experience with elite football.
- Full clean driving license.
- Highly experienced of clinically assessing, diagnosing, and rehabilitating a wide range
of neuromuscular and orthopedic conditions in elite athletes.
- Evidence of working in a multi-disciplinary team in a professional spor?ng
- Evidence of developing, implemening, and evaluating physiotherapy programs for
elite athletes, demonstra?ng advanced clinical reasoning skills.
- Being able to communicate in English at full professional profiency level, written and
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance, conduct and respect for the values
of AC Sparta Praha.
- Information about players, suppliers, contracts, and other commercial sensitive
maTers are considered confidential and must not be divulged without prior