Be part of the club medical department delivering excellent care and meeting all medical needs
of the club’s players.
Be responsible for the provision of physiotherapy and first aid services to the NTFC First team.
Support the Head of Physiotherapy to meet the medical needs of the club and assist the club’s
• Main duties include providing assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation for the first team players.
• Support with medical screenings and physical testing of players.
• To ensure appropriate soft tissue and manual therapy interventions are carried out to a high
standard for all first team players.
• To ensure that appropriate and comprehensive medical notes are completed in line with
CSP/HCPC/ GDPR standards.
• To assist the academy medical staff and players as required.
• To attend games and assist the Head of Physiotherapy as required.
• Provide pitch side cover.
• To be part of the off-season medical rota for the professional playing squad to ensure continuity
• To comply with all aspects of the Club’s “Code of Conduct”.
• To ensure all CPD requirements are met in accordance with role and ongoing personal
• Adhere to Health & Safety Regulations.
• The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the Club
values and policies and procedures, in particular Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity,
Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act.
To also be responsible to:
• The Head of Physiotherapy on all major decisions.
• The Head of Physiotherapy regarding injuries, diagnosis, treatment, and rehab progression.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive; the duties and responsibilities may
therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.
• BSc/MSc Physiotherapy
• Valid CSP and HCPC membership.
• FA Advanced Trauma Medical Management Qualification (ATMMiF) or willing to acquire.
• FA Safeguarding Qualification.
• Have excellent communication skills.
• The ability to work on own initiative as well as being able to work as part of a team.
• To work flexible hours as the role requires – including evenings, weekends, public holidays.
• A commitment to continuing professional development.
• Previous experience working in an elite sports environment.
Additional requirements that would be ideal but not a requirement for shortlisting. For example:
• Therapist experience within an elite professional football environment.
• Hold a full driving license.
• Sports massage qualification.
• To undertake required training, including mandatory Club Equality and Diversity and Health and
• To ensure that the Club’s Safe-guarding and Vulnerable Adults policies and procedures are
always adhered to.
• The role includes evening and weekend working.
Northampton Town Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to provide
equality and fairness for all employees. Northampton Town promote inclusion and confront and
eliminate discrimination whether by reason of age, gender, gender reassignment, sexual
orientation, marital status or civil partnership, nationality, ethnicity (race), religion or belief, ability or
disability, pregnancy and maternity and encourage equal opportunities.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive we regret that we are unable
to respond to unsuccessful applicants.
Closing date: 30th June 2022
Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org