Fan Engagement Worker
Do you want to be a part of the new Wigan Athletic?
We have an amazing opportunity to join our Fan Engagement Team at The DW Stadium as a Fan Engagement Worker. This role will report directly to the Supporter Engagement Officer on delivering a wide range of fun, creative and inclusive pre match activities. These activities will be delivered within the ‘Family Zone’ and around the concourse, at the DW Stadium on matchdays and to all children and young people 0-16 years old.
· Deliver high quality and engaging pre – match and half-time entertainment and activities to our younger Wigan Athletic supporters.
· Contribute to the planning of each matchday activities, ensuring activities are both fun and inclusive.
· Contribute to setting up the family zone area on matchdays, ensuring it is a vibrant and clean environment for families and young people.
· Build and maintain effective working relationships with participants and partners.
· Ensure all activities are correctly monitored with the appropriate risk assessments and health and safety procedures put in place.
· Bring high energy, ensuring the family zone is a positive and lively place for families to enjoy
· Be a flexible member of the Wigan Athletic matchday team and when requested, assist in the delivery of other projects and activities, such as promotional sessions in schools/ at events.
· Actively participate in the growth of junior supporters at Wigan Athletic.
The successful candidate will:
· Have experience of working with and delivering activities to children and young people 0-16 years old.
· Excellent customer service skills
· Children’s entertainment – face painting, Dj’ing, party host
· A knowledge and awareness of current trends and interests of young people & children
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
· Ability to organise and prioritise work to meet deadlines
· Awareness of safeguarding issues when working with children and young people
· Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise own work
· Ability to work well on own and as part of a team
· Confident and articulate
· Ability to perform under pressure and respond calmly to competing demands
Here at Wigan Athletic we are on an exciting journey. If you would like to be part of our journey and have a passion for our football club then we want to hear from you. We offer:
· 25 days annual leave [pro rata]
· X2 complimentary tickets to all home league fixtures
· Career development opportunities
· Free onsite parking
· BrightHR ‘savings and money-off’ offers for employees
· Wigan Athletic Club shop discount
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Closing date for applications: Friday 20th January 2023
To apply please head over to our website and complete our application form as we don’t accept CV’s. Please return your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to HR, Wigan Athletic, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ.
The company is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
The company is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk involved in its activities and events. The group recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of these vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them. The group expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.