Club History and Tradition
The New Saints FC is the most successful club in Welsh Domestic Football, winning the NationalCymru Premier League more times than any other club, including consecutively for an eight season period and achieving the World Record of consecutive wins, whilst competing in UEFACompetitions every year for the past 20 plus years, creating a club structure to the envy of otherWelsh Domestic Clubs.
To continue to be the most successful club in Welsh Domestic Football and to be the first Welsh club to compete in the group stages of a UEFA Club Competition and sustaining this on regular basis, ensuring that all football industry stakeholders recognise that our Club and our NationalLeague in Wales is the powerhouse of talent and commands the respect and equality of other national leagues throughout Europe
Club Culture and football philosophy
The New Saints FC will continue to implement game changing systems and leadership in WelshDomestic Football. Historically, the club has led the way - ‘The TNS way’ with a state of the art 3G pitch, player fitness programmes, academy management, succession planning, player performance analysis, sponsorship funding initiatives and thought leadership programs to ensure each player, coach and manager reaches their optimum potential.
The club, by recruiting young talented players with potential and by developing coaches and players through the club’s investment in coach education and the player pathway respectively in order to implement our vision. The ultimate aim is to be successful on the UEFA stage by qualifying and progressing to the group stages of a UEFA Club Competition, whilst developing players of real value on the football transfer market or to fully utilise within our club in order to fulfil our vision and ambition
Job Title: Fan Engagement Team Player
Hours of Work: 10+ hours per week
Competitive with Bonus Related Pay
Chief Operating Officer
Role SummaryDo you love the beautiful game... Do you think outside the box...Do you like a challenge...Are you good at selling...
We are looking to appoint a team of Fan Engagement people to deliver the club’s Fan EngagementStrategy, with particular emphasis on growing The New Saints FC supporter base.
The Fan Engagement Team will engage with a number of selected groups of people, targeting primary and secondary aged children, young adults, women and girls and parents of young people who are currently engaged with the club through our academy programme, women and girls programme and Foundation activities, as well as engaging with local schools, colleges and our existing supporter base and partners
1. Manage the delivery of all aspects of the fan engagement strategy.
2. Plan and co-ordinate events and campaigns that support the ‘Support the Saints’ project
3. Manage the planning and delivery of a range of campaigns as part of the ‘Support the Saints’ project
4. Work with staff in other internal teams to maximise attendances i.e. academy, women and girls and Foundation and media to support wider fan engagement activity as part of club’s strategy
5. Plan fan activity on match days in order to deliver the ‘Support the Saints’ objectives
6. Plan and develop regular communication channels with fan groups.
7. Plan campaign goals for social media output and co-ordinate activity with the Media andCommunications team
8. Support the strategic development of fan-driven decision making as part of the Club’s wider activity planning.
9. Develop fan communication plans to support the development and collection of data
10. Create and develop a strong relationship by creating a number of supporter groups with key supporter groups and help to develop plans with their input
11. Map timelines supporting delivery of the plan to increase fan numbers
12. Encourage and promote the values of The New Saints Football Club and to comply with the required standards of conduct and so promote the Club within the community by acting with integrity and honesty.
13. Promote and adhere to the clubs Safeguarding Policy and to work consistently to embed equality and diversity within Club.
14. Ensure that all work meets a high degree of professionalism and quality
15. To attend staff meetings as required.
16. To attend training courses and external seminars and meetings as appropriate
17. To be aware of current trends and best practice for engaging with fans
18. To continually look for ways to develop and improve the Fan Engagement plan.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
A confident sales person
Strong presenting skills.
Strong written skills
Excellent computer skills – fully conversant with IT packages
Ability to work and influence at all levels.
Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks and activities and prioritise workload accordingly.
Ability to work and make decisions both independently and collaboratively, having first evaluated all options, and be able to support decisions with factual information.
Ability to remain calm under pressure.
Ability to delegate and manage schedules and to formulate output by priority.
Ability to work flexibly and under own initiative to achieve set objectives and also as a member of a team.
A valid full UK driver’s Licence
Valid DBS certificate
Experience of working in a sales or football/sports environment
Sales training (desirable)
The document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
Equality and Diversity
The New Saints FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
The New Saints FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The job holder will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks.
How to apply
To apply, please email your cv and covering letter outlining why you should be considered for the role to —
Friday 1st December 2023
The club reserves the right to close applications at an earlier date if they are able to fill the advertised positions before the closing date
Job Type: Part-time
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 01/12/2023