About the role
Wiltshire FA is looking to recruit a dynamic individual to support the day-to-day operation and development of the headquarters at Green Lane in Devizes. The Facility Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Facility Manager in the successful running of the facilities at Green Lane, assets that include: meeting rooms, grass pitches, and a 3G Football Turf Pitch.
This role is a unique opportunity to start a career with an established County FA affiliated to the Football Association.
The role offers a development pathway within the FA with opportunities to learn new skills, and establish yourself for a career in facilities, operations and sports managements. Green Lane is an innovative stand-alone site that has established itself as a professional venue at the heart of local football, currently operating as a safe and cost-effective site that also offers support through its facilities team to football grounds and venues across the county. This role is an essential part of an already established facilities team which helps shape local football and support other sites countywide within the framework.
The position reports in main directly to the Facility Manager with some instruction from the remaining senior management team. The facility manager will guide you through the relevant qualifications in (but not exempt to): Food hygiene, grounds maintenance, first aid, safeguarding, and health and safety.
No two days are the same. The main of the role will be to work closely with the Facility Manager to maintain and grow the already high standards of operating at the Green Lane Facility. This role is very ‘hands on’ and the successful candidate will be able to obtain industry recognised qualifications as well as experience in all areas of operations but largely focused around maintaining and improving artificial playing surfaces, grounds upkeep, food hygiene, events management/planning/delivery and health and safety – all of which are large parts of the role.
What are we looking for?
• Possesses an enthusiasm for customer excellence, and can create a warm and welcoming environment
• Has a drive for maximising the revenue opportunities – attracting new users.
• Has a good understanding of facility operations.
• Has a good understanding of compliance – especially in regard to health and safety and safeguarding.
• is commitment to improving grassroots football – helping partner clubs improve and grow.
• Preferably has experience in supervising/delivering a catering operation.
• Can work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Can demonstrate team working skills.
• Will be able to work both unsupervised and under their own initiative.
• Can commit to working at weekends and evenings.
What can we offer in return?
• Salary up to £24,000, depending on experience.
• Flexible working.
• Health Assured Scheme
• Simply Health Plan
• A commitment to learning & development – where we invest in our people, offering coaching and mentoring programmes along with technical and professional development and qualifications.
• An opportunity to be part of a forward thinking, progressive business.
• The chance to work with key strategic stakeholders within both the grassroots and the professional game.
• An opportunity to be part of a not-for-profit organisation that delivers excellence in Grassroots football for it’s thousands of player, coaches and volunteers.