A BIT ABOUT US
We govern Football across Cheshire and have been doing that since 1878. Now, we are changing our approach to put our clubs, leagues, players, coaches and referees at the forefront of our thinking. These are our volunteers. These are our people. We help to grow the game in Cheshire and develop each and every area of Football.
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
Cheshire County FA requires a committed and enthusiastic Football Development Officer to oversee the Disability Football Pathway. The successful candidate will be responsible for strategically leading and co-ordinating the Disability football provision across Cheshire. Working in partnership with our Football Development Team, you will play a key role in the delivery of Cheshire FA’s Business Strategy and Operational Plan to ensure football is accessible for ALL.
· To support delivery of The FA National Game Strategy and the Cheshire FA Business Strategy.
· To strategically co-ordinate disability football provision across the Cheshire FA and the local area.
· To influence and support the growth and retention of disability football.
· To contribute to the effective implementation of The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard for County FAs.
· To comply with FA rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidance that is in place from time to time.
· To strategically lead disability football provision across Cheshire ensuring an integrated approach with the local grassroots and professional club networks and key partners from across the disability and community sectors.
· Grow and retain the number of affiliated disability football teams with an emphasis on creating
· player pathway opportunities within FA England accredited clubs structures.
· Support and build links between educational establishments and FA accredited clubs to support the growth in disability football.
· Coordinate the delivery of recreational disability football sessions for disabled players across key age groups.
· Develop and service a modern and sustainable competition structure across pan disability football.
· Work with the Football Development team to deliver a comprehensive workforce plan that supports disability football across coaches, referees, volunteers and young leaders and is inclusive of
· disabled people.
· Lead and deliver against the FA Para Football Talent Pathway programme
· Work with the Football Development team to raise the profile of disability football within Cheshire FA and communicate the range of disability football opportunities across the pathway.
Equality, Diversity Inclusion
· To strategically lead inclusive football and provide expertise and guidance on all diversity and inclusion matters.
· Establish constructive working relationships with the key with internal and external stakeholders, campaigners and networking groups to promote collaboration and sharing of good practice.
· Work with staff across departments to support in the delivery of inclusion targets and ensure that an Inclusive culture is embedded throughout the Cheshire FA and grassroots football.
· Work with the Cheshire FA Inclusion Advisory Board to consult on plans and engage to provide advocates for diversity and inclusion activities.
· Ensure the Cheshire FA works towards and maintaining the Preliminary Level of the Equality Standard for Sport.
· Lead the creation of the annual impact report on the progress of the Cheshire FA inclusion strategy and its published targets.
· Support activities and campaigns which will support the achievement of Cheshire FA’s inclusion targets.
· Support the recruitment, retention and development of a diverse workforce through The FA qualification framework and local CPD opportunities, with a focus on BAME and female coaches.
· Collaborate with the Designated Safeguarding Officer in all matters involving under 18s and adults at risk within disability Football Development programmes.
· Provide the highest level of customer excellence to support volunteers access across FA Technology systems (FA Learning, FA Events, Whole Game System, Matchday App and Full-Time).
· Execute tasks as required in order to meet the Cheshire FA changing priorities.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
· Educated to A Level or equivalent
· 2 years of Sports Development experience
· Ability to work strategically with partner organisations across different sectors to plan and deliver football programmes
· Project management skills and experience –to plan, set and achieve objectives to deadlines
· Excellent IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office applications
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
· Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
· Outstanding communication and presentation skills
· Exceptional customer service
· Budget management skills
· Report writing skills
· Ability to use data to monitor and evaluate programmes
· Influencing skills to champion change
· Practised at developing networks and relationships with a variety of stakeholders in order to support the delivery of strategic priorities
· Skilled in creating, delivering and maintaining pathways which support the growth,transition and retention of players
· Capability to create multiple reports, budgets and plans
· Passionate about working in Disability football
· Knowledge and understanding of the barriers to participation faced by players with a
· Knowledge and understanding of the infrastructure and networks that exist within
· education, recreation, competition and talent that can support the development of Disability football
· Practical experience of Sports and/or Football Development
· Demonstrate a working knowledge of inclusion, equality, anti–discrimination and
· Knowledge of The FA Coaching Qualification Framework
· Knowledge of the structure and partner organisations within football both nationally
· and within the County FA locality
· Knowledge of The FA’s National Game Strategy
· Experience of Project Management
· Experience of utilising mapping programmes to support strategic and logistical planning
· Knowledge and understanding of working with volunteers
· 25 Days Annual Leave per annum (PLUS Bank Holidays AND your birthday off!)
· Salary Exchange Pension Scheme
· Employee Assistance Programme
· (3x) Salary Death in Service Life Insurance
· Access to high-quality training and development
· Monthly Wellbeing Seminars
· Hybrid Working Policy
· The opportunity to network with key FA/County FA stakeholders
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter (2 sides maximum) outlining how you meet the
Role Profile and ‘What we are looking for’ criteria, by either email or post to:
· Chris Barrow, Football Development Manager at Cheshire FA via HR@CheshireFA.com
Postal applications are to be addressed;
· Strictly Private and Confidential, for the attention of Chris Barrow, Football Development Manager, Cheshire FA, Hartford House, Moss Farm Recreation Centre, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 4BG.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 29th August 2023
For more information about Cheshire FA, visit: www.CheshireFA.com
For the full recruitment pack, please visit: https://www.calameo.com/read/001230235acb1e9bce246?authid=3y8UrlshrjRp