What is Footballco?
Footballco is the world biggest dedicated football content and media business. Reaching more than 400m football fans across the world each month, and with a growing roster of global brands including GOAL, Voetbalzone, Spox, Calciomercato, Mundial and Kooora, no one else has our reach or depth of understanding within the game. With over 300 employees globally, we a young company with some established brands and serious investment behind us. Our future starts now…
What the role about?
Footballco is looking for an Analytics Reporting Manager/Analyst.
You will be part of a team responsible for delivering accurate and timely data, analysis and insights to help the business achieve its ambitious goals. This is a global role covering all markets and brands, supporting stakeholders from across the business (Leadership, Editorial, Product, Commercial etc).
The ideal candidate will combine great stakeholder management skills with a critical eye for accuracy and broad experience of digital analytics from tracking deployment to data storytelling. They should also be comfortable working collaboratively across different departments and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
Our ambition is to make Footballco brands the most loved publishers in sport. We want to build deep relationships with people; to be the first app they check in the morning, and the last IG page they scroll at night.
Your mission is to make this vision a reality.
This position is based in our Leeds office, but would consider other locations or remote working for the right person too. We offer competitive compensation and a bonus scheme. You will report into the Head of Analytics Reporting, Footballco.
Here's what you will be doing:
● Analysis problem solving - analysing problems and analysing data to help the business achieve its goals
● Measurement - using digital tools to capture key performance data points across our ecosystem
● Reporting - contributing to critical business reports for everyone from company leadership to operational teams
● Projects - define, contribute to and lead projects across the business
● Big data - working closely with data engineers and scientists
● Communication - delivering high quality reports, dashboards, presentations and spreadsheets
● Partnership - collaborating with colleagues across the business - editorial, digital, commercial etc…
● Ad-hoc requests - responding to time critical requests as they come in
● Training - both personal development and training others
● Evangelism - championing the use of data across the business
It would be great if you already have experience doing this:
● Analysis - approach and attention to detail is more important than tools here, but if you know your way around a spreadsheet then that is a good starting point. If you know of sql then even better.
● Digital analytics - using analytics tools e.g. Google Analytics, SQL
● Digital measurement - appreciation or use of tags on sites e.g. via Google Tag Manager
● Deliverables - can you create a clear and concise report / dashboard / presentation. Can you present it to others so they understand the key messages?
● Digital publishing - visited a website? That a good start. Got your own blog or dabbled with html and css etc, even better.
● Teamwork - can you work well in a team?
● Previous exposure to sports, football and digital media is preferred.