Salary: Competitive Hours: Full-time Contract Type: Permanent Closing Date: 24th June 2021 Location: London Stadium, Stratford, with travel to Training Grounds, Romford.
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
West Ham United staff enjoy generous benefits, including a contributory scheme, 25 days’ leave and life assurance. You can also take advantage of interest-free travel season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme and our employee wellbeing programme.
This role will lead the creative video, graphic design, and photography output within the Club. Responsibilities will include leading creative development for Club and partner content, the management of production schedules and creative resource and line management of a team of videographers and designers. This position will partner closely with other departments across the business to deliver against the Club’s overarching strategy as well as the Club’s Foundation and will need to foster a creative environment, demonstrate delegation and management skills, strategic thinking, attention to detail and a strong worth ethic.
• Lead the overall creative, video and photography teams to consistently and proactively develop new and trendsetting content ideas for all mediums
• Work with internal stakeholders to develop and execute against content strategies and develop & produce engaging content that helps drive engagement and revenue.
• Partner with stakeholders inside and outside the department to effectively measure the productivity of various content initiatives and deliver results to the organization on a consistent basis
• Collaborate with Marketing, Digital and Social teams in order to develop strategies for the Club’s owned platforms in order to deliver the most effective content to our fanbase
• Responsible for the overall management of the video budget
• Provide content solutions to all areas of the business
• Tracking and evaluation of current production equipment and future equipment needs
• Ensure content needs for matchdays and core business are appropriately supported
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age. 2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria. Safeguarding:
1. Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
2. It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Essential (E) Desirable (D)
Education, Qualifications, Experience
• Motivated self-starter with 5+ years’ experience in content production (E)
• Knowledge and expertise with digital content platforms, creative platforms and Adobe Creative Suite (E)
• Storyteller with experience in content production and post-production (E)
• Experience in the development of original content (E)
• Previous sports experience (D)
• Experience working with high profile individuals (D)
• Strong interpersonal & team management skills, and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. (E)
• Storyteller with proven ability to distribute engaging content, ideally across both domestic and international markets (E)
• Outstanding leadership and motivational skills and a proven ability to lead by example (E)
• Ability to lead and collaborate on projects with multiple departments (E)
• Strong ability to plan and manage multiple projects (E)
• Strong organisational, time management and critical thinking skills (E)
• Process driven with strong attention to detail (E)
Application Deadline: Thursday 24th June 2021