We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and ‘adults at risk’. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
West Ham United Foundation are looking for an inspirational candidate to assist the Football Development Manager and Assistant Head Teacher in planning, delivering and evaluating mentoring, sport and educational programmes within Jo Richardson School
* To Support targeted students through the delivery of bespoke mentoring provision tailored to the needs of pupils
* Effectively lead the delivery and implementation of extracurricular sports provision with targeted groups to support the mentoring programme
* Have an inclusive approach to behaviour by supporting staff in the Learning support unit and other inclusion provisions within the school.
* Support the delivery of Jo Richardson Schools ‘Student Voice’ programme.
* Deliver and evaluate a range of Premier League programmes based at Jo Richardson School
* Work closely with Jo Richardson School’s transition team to build relationships with local Primary Schools with the view of developing a seamless transition programme for year 6 pupils who are joining the school.
* Develop & maintain effective and positive relationships with all partner and community organisations
* Effectively monitor and report on all delivery in line with set deadlines for West Ham United, Jo Richardson School and all external stakeholders as required
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients
Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
It is a requirement for staff to follow theClub’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: -Essential (E) Desirable (D)
* A minimum level 2 Youth Work qualification or equivalent (E)
* Experienced in engaging young people from hard to reach groups (E)
* Experience of working with young people in different settings e.g. Schools, sports clubs and wider community settings (E)
* Working with external partners e.g. local authorities, youth offending and youth services (D)
* Mentoring qualification or experience (E)
* Mental Health Awareness Training (D)
* Safeguarding and first aid qualification (D)
* Level 2 Sports coaching qualification (D)
* Experience of facilitating sports and physical activity sessions (D)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* An understanding of how to deliver sessions to mixed ability groups
* Demonstrate an understanding of how effectively engage young people who may be disengaged
* Knowledge and understanding of the principles of youth work
* An understanding of the issues and barriers impacting young people
* Demonstrate an understanding of mentoring
Closing: 10 Jul 2022