Heart of Midlothian FC is currently looking to recruit a Community Football Officer who is highly motivated and passionate about Grassroots Football and Community Sport. The focus of the role is to develop community football and grassroots initiatives and activities in Edinburgh, South-East of Scotland and the wider Club catchment area. The successful candidate will support football/grassroots provision across the catchment area, linking with facility operators, football development departments, clubs, schools and partners to develop activities and initiatives. The successful candidate will also support and lead in key department operations including project delivery, planning and administration to develop the key areas participation, education, attractive game and club services.
• Project manage the set-up, expansion and ongoing operation of community programmes – manage bookings, receive and record income, facilities, registers, promotion and equipment.
• Work with internal and external key stakeholders and contacts to assist in the development of the programme of work – link with schools, youth groups and local clubs.
• Assist in the development and delivery of the department strategy.
• Identify and escalate risks and issues as they arise to the Head of Community
• Monitor budgets for each programme and report developments or discrepancies to the Head of Community
• Effectively identify areas for improvement and/or where promotion is required and form a working plan to support.
• Ensure monitoring and continued communication with casual coaching staff.
• Assist fellow member of department staff where as required.
• Ensure appropriate delegation of responsibilities to casual staff as and when required.
• Supply content in good time for Hearts social media channels and website.
• Grow the scope and scale of girls’ football and create more opportunities to participate
• Minimum Level 2 Scottish FA Children’s Coaching Licence / Award or equivalent
• Ability to work with people and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
• Strong Administration Skills
• Strong organisational and communication skills
• The ability to lead and inspire a team of coaches
• The ability to make judgements and regularly reorganise priorities.
• Satisfactory PVG check.
• The right to work in the UK
• Experience in a football development environment promoting activities to schools and/or other youth organisations.
• HNC/HND Sports Coaching qualification or equivalent
• Coaching experience desirable.
• Conscientious and committed to attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Problem solver.
• The ability to work independently as well as in a team.
• Honesty and openness and an approachable demeanor.
• The ability to use your own initiative and strive for continuous improvement
• Customer focused
• Acts with integrity
Application deadlien: 13 September 2021.