Wigan Athletic Community Trust is looking to recruit a proactive and enthusiastic Community Activator for young people on a part-time basis of 20 hours per week who will positively engage young people across a range of projects, focussing on positive behaviour change and supporting them to reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will deliver and support activities aimed at engaging young people in fun and beneficial activities across a range of community settings.
The Community Activator will work on some of the Community Trust’s most engaging projects including targeted youth programmes who support those young people who need it the most.
• Deliver a range of activities aimed at improving the behaviour, physical and mental wellbeing of young people across the Wigan borough.
• Support targeted youth activities working with small groups of young people, providing a range of positive activities
• Deliver on the nationally recognised Premier League Kicks project
• Benefit from a range of Continuous Professional Development opportunities
• Collect the required monitoring information ensuring it is recorded accurately on the relevant on-line monitoring and evaluation system.
• Be a flexible member of the Wigan Athletic Community Trust team and when requested assist in the delivery of other projects and activities including limited weekend work.
You will be:
You will be:
• Motivated to support young people to improve their behaviour, health and wellbeing.
• Friendly and welcoming
• Able to challenge poor behaviour using a trauma-informed approach
• Engaging, confident and positive with participants.
• Proactive and forward thinking.
• Able to provide resolutions to issues and have a positive attitude.
• Creative in your ways of engaging those who may be ‘hard to reach’.
• Able to manage your time effectively, adapting delivery style to meet the needs of your participants.
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The Company is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk involved in its activities and events. The Company recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of these vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them. The Company expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.