Wigan Athletic Community Trust is looking to recruit a proactive and enthusiastic Community Activator for adults on a part-time basis of 20 hours per week who will positively engage adults across a range of projects, focussing on improving their physical and mental wellbeing.
The successful candidate will deliver and support activities aimed at engaging adults in fun and beneficial activities across a range of community settings.
The Community Activator will work on some of the Community Trust’s most engaging projects including the impactful Extra Time project for adults over 55, funded by the National Lottery.
• Support a range of activities aimed at improving the physical and mental wellbeing of adults across the Wigan borough.
• Support the Extra Time Hub project with adults over 55 through delivery on the Extra Time Hub project, phone calls and welfare visits where applicable.
• Deliver activities to adults including physical activity sessions designed to help improve physical health.
• Collect the required monitoring information ensuring it is recorded accurately on the relevant on-line monitoring and evaluation system.
• Work with professionals from the Health Services to support adults to take part in Trust activities, ensuring a smooth transition and warming welcome.
• Be a flexible member of the Wigan Athletic Community Trust team and when requested assist in the delivery of other projects and activities including limited weekend work.
You will be:
• Motivated to support people to improve their health and wellbeing.
• Friendly and welcoming
• Engaging, confident and positive with participants.
• Proactive and forward thinking.
• Able to provide resolutions to issues and have a positive attitude.
• Creative in your ways of engaging those who may be ‘hard to reach’.
• Able to manage your time effectively, adapting delivery style to meet the needs of your participants.