Wigan Athletic Community Trust is looking to recruit a proactive and enthusiastic Community Activator who will positively engage participants across a range of projects, focussing on improving their physical and mental wellbeing.
The successful candidate will deliver and support activities aimed at engaging adults in fun and beneficial activities across community settings. The Community Activator will also support on some activities for young people, ensuring they are a positive role model.
The Community Activator will work on some of the Community Trust’s most engaging projects funded by a range of partners including Wigan Council, National Lottery, EFL and Premier League Charitable Fund.
• Support a range of activities aimed at improving the physical and mental wellbeing of people from aged 8 to older adults.
• Support the Extra Time Hub project with adults over 55 through delivery on the Extra Time Hub project, phone calls and welfare visits where applicable.
• Deliver activities to adults aimed at improving physical and mental wellbeing.
• Support young people’s community activities, positively engaging them in activities.
• Collect the required monitoring information ensuring it is recorded accurately on the relevant on-line monitoring and evaluation system.
• Assist with the transition of participants to other relevant Community Trust projects.
• Be a flexible member of the Wigan Athletic Community Trust team and when requested assist in the delivery of other projects and activities including limited weekend work.
You will be:
• Motivated to support men, women and families to improvetheir health
• Engaging, confident and positive with participants• Proactive and forward thinking
• Able to provide resolutions to issues and have a positiveattitude
• Creative in your ways of engaging those who may be ‘hard toreach’
• Able to manage your time effectively, adapting.
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The Company is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk involved in its activities and events. The Company recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of these vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them. The Company expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.