Formed in 1888, the EFL is the world’s original and oldest league football competition. It has 72 member clubs, each of which embodies the unique heritage, pride and passion of the communities they represent. We are responsible for administering and regulating the Sky Bet EFL, Sky Bet Play-Offs, Carabao Cup and EFL Trophy competitions.
Our employees are crucial to our success and equality, diversity and inclusion are fundamental elements of building our organisation.
• Ideal for starting a career in communications - perfect for ambitious individuals aspiring to enter the professional sports communication sector.
• Essential skills - strong writing skills are a must have for this role.
• Graduate friendly - tailored for graduate level candidates looking to apply their knowledge in an in-house setting.
• Diverse degrees welcome – we are open minded about previous educational focus but the role would particularly suit those with degrees in journalism, communications, PR, campaigns, marketing, English or related fields.
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop their skills within various elements of Media and PR with specific responsibilities across the two roles:
Role 1 - will primarily focus on Media & Press Office responsibilities reporting to the Communications Manager - Media
Role 2 - will primarily focus on Campaigns & PR responsibilities reporting to the Communications Manager - PR
• Assist the team in delivery of the EFL communications plan by telling the ongoing story of the EFL through securing coverage in regional, national, and international media.
• Conduct research on behalf of the Communications Team and present findings in a timely, clear, and cohesive manner.
• Monitor what is being said about the EFL in traditional and online media and ensure all internal stakeholders are adequately briefed in a timely and appropriate manner.
• Provide support to high-level projects and events across both the Media and PR functions as required.
• Support with delivering all reports and insights.
• Assist in the delivery of drafting of various communications / materials while occasionally supporting EFL content via publications, digital comms and the EFL website.
• Support with support and administration across the Media & PR team
If you’re ready to dive into the thrilling world of sports communications, apply now and shape your future with us. Embrace this opportunity to learn, grow and make a mark on the professional sports industry.