Working Hours 21 Hours per week – Monday to Saturday.
To include Saturday and some match day evenings, on both home and away fixtures. There will need to be flexible on working hours / days each week according to the needs of the job
Location: Partly Remote / The Banbury Plant Hire Community Stadium, Station Approach, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 5AB
Salary: £27,300 (FTE) per annum / £14 per hour
+ commission up to 20% of new commercial income
Benefits: Pension and 20 days holidays plus bank holidays
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check and the successful applicant must have access to a clean driver's license and a vehicle
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work in sports sales management with an ambitious football club
You will need to be energetic and enthusiastic and happy to take on a variety of tasks to drive the club forwards.
This role is critical to the development and evolution of the club at a time when the vision and it’s strategic direction has never been clearer or more ambitious. For a person with vision and drive it represents an opportunity to make a positive difference not just to the club, but the town of Banbury and wider area.
The Commercial Manager has responsibility for the commercial development all non-footballing activities for Banbury United Community Football Club Ltd (BUFC).
Reporting to the Board of Directors (BoD), the Commercial Manager is responsible for upholding the Club’s purpose and playing a key role in the execution of the club’s strategic vision.
Key responsibilities are:
Seek and secure new sponsorship opportunities for BUFC
Develop and maintain key relationships with funding partners
· Deliver against Banbury United Community Football Club Ltd (BUFC)’s plans for football team-associated asset sponsorship, clubhouse venue hire, match-day attendance promotion and retail, etc.
Promote, manage and grow the club’s Community Lottery within the local community.
Promote, manage and grow new Club membership.Ensure positive relationships between BUFC and key partner organisations, including Cherwell District Council, Active Learning, and various charitable organisations.
· Responsibility for the commercial development of BUFC.
· Develop and execute a commercial plan for the Club.
· Evaluate current, and explore and develop new, revenue streams and sponsorship packages.
· Increase current levels of revenue to demonstrate ROI of this paid position.
· Develop new business leads and network with local business to grow sponsorship income for BUFC.
Are you tempted? Read on ……………………
Since 2015 Banbury United has been owned by its supporters as a Community Benefit Society. The aims of the club are
· enhancing the social, cultural and economic value of the Club to its Communities and by acting as a responsible custodian of the club for future generations;
· upholding the mutual ownership of the Club operating democratically, fairly and transparently;
· ensuring the Club operates with financial responsibility enabling the Club to be run for the long term interest of the Community;
· providing sporting facilities and opportunities regardless of age, income, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religious or moral belief; and
· playing at the highest level possible, but always operating in a financially responsible and prudent manner
· During the supporter’s ownership, the club has grown from strength to strength.
On the pitch, the men’s first team was promoted for the 2022-23 season into the Vanarama National League North. Banbury United also run teams a women’s team, an U18 men’s development team and girls’ teams, as well as supporting a strong Banbury United Youth section for boys of all ages.
Off the pitch the club has strong links within the local community with an outreach programme, football coaching opportunities for young players and a full-time 16-19’s Football & Education Academy run in conjunction with Activate Learning.
The club is ambitious and wants to further develop both on and off the pitch and seeks a Commercial Manager who shares our ambition and our aims.
Do you have the following experience?
· Proven experience of sales management ideally in sport – essential
· Able to demonstrate where proof of generating and growing income in a commercial setting can be demonstrated - essential
· Experience of commercial acumen, including sales - essential
· Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills - essential
· IT skills; Microsoft Office (Excel – intermediate/advanced, PowerPoint, Word, Email) – essential
· Proven account management – essential
· Experience of working with volunteers – desirable
· Commercially driven person with a sales-focused mentality.
Is that a YES also?
· Enthusiastic, energetic & passionate about working within football
· Be positive, adaptable and flexible
· Self-motivated with a passion to succeed
· Flexible & creative thinker
· Demonstrate a can-do approach to your work
· Work on your own initiative
· Be a team player and work well within a small team that shares a passion for our business
· Hands on and adaptable approach
· Living within a 25 mile radius of the club
Does this sound like you?
A great opportunity is waiting just round the corner for you - we would love to hear from you.
Please send over your up-to-date CV and covering email sharing:
What interests you about the role?
Your knowledge of the Banbury area
Detail your experience of operations management including sales
Detail your experience of working in a management role in a sport in a professional or voluntary capacity
What difference you could make to our team?
Please send CVs to:
Closing date is 25th August 2023