To apply for this role, please follow the link to our careers page to make an application: https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/club/club/jobs
Job Title: Club Doctor
Employer: Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club
Salary: Salary dependent on skills & experience
Location: American Express Elite Football Performance Centre, Lancing, West Sussex
Hours: Full-time, requiring flexibility to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays
Job Type: Permanent
Deadline date: 8th November 2022
About usWe are a community club which competes at the highest levels of the football pyramid, in the most exciting leagues in the world. Our ambition is to be a top ten Premier League club and a top four Women’s Super League club. A commitment to high performance and high professional standards is at the heart of everything we do.
Provide an elite medical service to all our squads ensuring effective medical management of our elite players
This is a key role to the club and requires a thorough and professional medical practitioner. The role will include but is not limited to: providing injury or illness assessments, undertaking player signing medicals and assisting the Head of Medicine & Performance in decision making and management of medical issues when required. You will work very closely with the Head of Medicine & Performance and the multidisciplinary team at the club and liaise on a daily basis with regards to availability of rehabilitating players for training and matches.
This role will include travelling to and providing medical match day cover for all our men’s first team games, which can involve irregular, unsociable hours and overnight stays.
Your medical background
The successful candidate must hold the following qualifications:
· Full registration/licence to Practice with General Medical Council (GMC)
· Diploma/MSc in Sports and Exercise Medicine
· Level 5 ATMMiF or equivalent emergency trauma qualification
· Member of the Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine (MFSEM)
It would be desirable to hold a diploma in musculoskeletal medicine or ultrasound and hold sufficient Professional Liability Insurance (SEMPRIS) appropriate for working with elite (Premier League) football players.
You will have the ability to build rapport quickly with staff and players and be a clear communicator to allow all involved to be fully informed of players’ medical progress.
The successful candidate would need to undergo an enhanced DBS check ahead of joining us.
Our values play a pivotal role in our success
Our values are not just a list of words we expect our colleagues to learn, but a set of filters through which we deliver to each other, our fans, our partners and our sponsors. As a team we live and breathe these values and celebrate them with TEAAM Brighton awards each season.
Our values are:
· Treat People Well
· Exceed Expectations
· Aim High. Never Give Up
· Act with Integrity
· Make it Special
How we say thank you
In return for your hard work and commitment to us, you will receive a package which will include, but not limited to:
· Free breakfast and lunch (fantastic healthy and tasty food provided by our inhouse chefs)
· 23 days leave plus 8 bank holidays rising to 28 days with length of service (pro rata for part time staff)
· Club wide bonus scheme for 22/23 season
· Priority access to Premier League match tickets, subject to availability and access to free WSL tickets for 22/23 season (upon completion of probation)
· Free on-site parking at the Amex and the training ground
· MyAlbion Rewards – benefits and reward platform
· Employee Assistance Programme
· In-house training programme and Continuing Professional Development opportunities
· Discounts at the Club superstore and online
· Discounts and benefits from partners and local businesses
· Enhanced club pension scheme
· Access to occupational health and mental health support
· Group life protection
We are a Disability Confident employer
We are committed to supporting candidates with disabilities. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application, do not hesitate to get in touch with our People and Culture team.
We champion diversity and equality
We believe the club benefits from engaging with everyone from a variety of backgrounds, allowing us to meet the needs of a diverse audience. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership.
Safeguarding is part of everything we do
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all colleagues and volunteers to share this commitment.
To be considered for this position, you must be able to demonstrate your right to work in the UK.