ClubDCFC Sales and Events Coordinator
Derby County Football Club, established in 1884, is one of the founder members of the English Football League and has a rich and varied history, including two First Division titles in 1972 and 1975 and an FA Cup success in 1946. The club are currently playing in League One, the third tier of English Football, and is now under the management of recently appointed Head Coach Paul Warne. The club also boasts a successful and respected Category One Academy, a status which has been held since 2014. Derby County is embarking on an exciting new era following the recent change in ownership to Clowes Developments (UK) Limited. Our track record of producing talent is outstanding, and we intend to protect that proud legacy, investing in key roles within the club to build on the foundations in place for success.
Derby County Football Club has an opportunity within our Hospitality, Conferencing & Events Team for a ClubDCFC Sales and Events Coordinator.
As an Events Coordinator, the successful candidate will join a busy office-based event planning team and will be responsible for actively identifying and engaging with existing and new customers to create/convert enquiries ensuring that client’s expectations are being exceeded by creating bespoke and tailored packages to best suit the client’s requirements.
In addition, you will be responsible for generating leads and achieving sales targets whilst completing key administration and co-ordination duties to ensure a high standard is always delivered. This includes interdepartmental meetings, agreeing agendas and client requirements. You will also assist with the tracking of account balances and work with the accounts team as required.
Generate new business and achieve sales targets, being both pro and reactive to the market.
To produce accurate and detailed proposals to customers to suit their needs
To identify areas of growth and upsell whenever possible
To research and contact new prospects to generate your own leads by using your initiative and the ability to think on your feet.
To attend exhibitions and networking events to showcase our facilities
To effectively coordinate day to day conference, function and events bookings within appropriate timescales
To ensure the client’s experience exceeds expectations
To take responsibility for daily & weekly function sheet meetings
To chase provisionally held business within agreed timescales
To assist accounts with chasing deposit and balance payments whilst ensuring the highest standards of customer service
Personal characteristics and experience:
· Experience working in a sales environment
· Experience working in an events environment
· Confident, resilient and self-motivated
· Exceptional communications skills both verbal and written
· Excellent customer service
· Outstanding time management and organisation skills
· Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment
· Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
· Work using own initiative and as part of a team
· Attention to detail
· Creating and forward-thinking approach
· Comprehensive IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Experience in event booking system
· Account Management experience
· English and Maths to GCSE Level 4 or equivalent
· Event Management Qualification
· Negotiation Skills
· Presentation skills
Salary is competitive, dependent on experience.
This role is full-time, 35 hours per week and will also include working matchdays and special events as required.
Everything we do as a Club is built around the three pillars of stability, integrity and progress. Our core values are:
· We are proud of who we are and what we do
· We are positive, inspired and passionate
· We are ambitious and driven
· We are prepared, honest and humble
· We are the heartbeat of our community
· We are the club of opportunity
Derby County employee benefits include:
· 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
· Two complimentary staff season tickets
· Two complimentary staff away memberships
· 20% discount at DCFC Megastore
· Company Pension with Aviva
· Discounts with select Club partners and sponsors
· Healthshield Cash Health Plan to support employee health and well-being and Perks for great deals and discounts
· Participating in our employee forum, ‘The Herd’
· Training and development opportunities
· Access to programmes and volunteering opportunities with Derby County Community Trust
Derby County Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
As part of the Club's commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, applicants should be aware that this post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Criminal Record Check.
Derby County Football Club is an Inclusive Club for all and is committed to Equality and Diversity.
To apply for this role, please complete an application form, which can be found HERE.
Alternatively, please copy and paste - http://thera.ms/apply - to your chosen browser.
More information can be found at https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/jobsandcareers
The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 20 August 2023. However, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
Strictly no agencies, please.