Casual Youth Engagement Coach (PL Kicks)
Department: Saints Foundation
Accountable to: Youth Engagement Coordinator
Level of Criminal Record Check Required: Enhanced with barred list
Hours: As and when required
Contract Type: Casual
Saints Foundation bring Southampton FC to the heart of the community, using the power of the club and our passionate team to help fulfil individual potential and make Southampton a better place to live for all. Through our Pathways pillar, we deliver targeted interventions to help people find a positive place in their community, equipping them with tools they need to carve out pathways for the future.
What is the role?
Premier League Kicks uses football as the hook to connect with 8 – 18 year olds, offering young people a positive way to spend their free time, helping to unlock opportunities for their future. In this position you will deliver on Premier League Kicks, using the brand of Saints FC to positively engage young people in targeted areas of the community.
Sessions take place from around 5pm Monday to Fridays and applicants would need to have availability across a minimum of 2 evenings per week.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic individual, who can support with the following:
· Deliver quality football sessions within local communities to young people aged 8-18 years and support the running of tournaments and events.
· Provide a safe environment for young people to meet new friends, develop skills and improve their mental and physical well-being.
· Help set up equipment prior to session start time, organise participants into age appropriate games and manage participants as a group lead.
· Ensure high standards of behaviour are maintained by participants.
· Encourage young people to take advantage of Kicks Squad, volunteering opportunities and social action projects to give back to the local community.
The competencies which are required include:
· Experience of delivering quality football sessions to young people in community settings.
· Qualified to a minimum of UKCC Level 1 Football.
· Hold experience of managing and improving challenging behaviour.
· Hold a certificate in First Aid and Safeguarding, or willing to complete.
· Ability to engage and motivate young individuals from diverse backgrounds.
· Knowledge of safeguarding and a commitment to ensuring participant safety.
· Flexibility to work evenings on a regular basis.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Be enthusiastic, empathetic, self-motivated and works well with a team.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
A competitive hourly rate.
Working in an environment with strong core values.
Learning and development opportunities.
Working with like minded individuals.
Join us in making a difference through the power of football. Together, we can create a brighter future for young individuals in our community.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and a brief cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and why you are interested in working on the Premier League Kicks project at The Saints Foundation.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 20th August 2023
Although we reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if a high volume of applicants are received.