Tottenham Hotspur is a world famous football club based in North London. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model centered around building a platform for long-term success, which includes a new world-class stadium.
The Club is seeking a casual Sessional Physical Performance Coach to work with our Female Talent Pathway Staff to deliver a strength and conditioning programme to the players within the Junior Talent Programme. This role will report directly into the Clubs ‘Talent Pathway Manager’ and work closely with the departments other performance related staff.
The position will involve working irregular hours (e.g. evenings / Saturdays / Sundays / Bank Holidays) so a flexible candidate is sought.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The Physical Performance Coach will take an applied practitioner role working directly with players at Tottenham Hotspur Women between the ages 12-16. They will lead, manage & develop sport science and strength and conditioning strategies that will help support and nurture elite young female footballers at the club.
The Physical Performance Coach may also play a role in player identification and recruitment,
working alongside the Talent Id and Recruitment Coordinator & Talent Pathway Manager as part of the recruitment strategy.
This sports science role sits as part of the team of staff within Tottenham Hotspur Performance Team and requires the ability to work closely and productively with the other coaching and support staff within the club.
Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
Presentable and approachable
Empathy with others concerns
Inquisitive, with an eye for detail if required
Being an active member a team and supporting others
Attention to detail and treating sensitive information in confidence
Skills & Experience
A degree in Strength and Conditioning or related Sports Science Field
FA Criminal Records Check
FA Certificate in Safeguarding Children
FA Emergency Aid
UKSCA Accredited (or working towards)
Experience of working within Performance Sport
Working with children or vulnerable adults
· Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
· Design a physical programme for season for all players to follow
· Support players to ensure optimal preparation for competition
· Promotion of recovery after competition
· Travel and environment preparation guidance for all players
· Individual player profiling through fitness testing
· Systematic monitoring of player work rates
· Co-ordination/delivery of sports science education workshops during the season
· Collaboration with Junior Talent Programme Physios/Sports Therapists to design Prehab/Rehab program for individual players
· To deliver team weekly physical performance sessions
· To design warm up and cool down practices
· To be the first point of contact for all physical performance related issues
· Help develop physical benchmarking for ages in the junior Talent Programme
Safeguarding is fundamental to the success in all that we do. Successful candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS check with barred list.
Closing date: 29 Jul 2021