Casual Advanced Development Centre Coach
Location: Staplewood Training Ground, Southampton + away travel
Contract Type: Casual
Criminal Record Check: DBS Enhanced with Child’s Barred List
We have an exciting opportunity available to coach and develop young players within the club’s pre-academy advanced development centre and prepare them for elite academy level football in the foundation phase.
• To coach age groups between the ages of 5 and 8, including individual, small group and full group sessions, implementing a Player Development programme which maximises the opportunities for young players to reach their full potential across all age groups in line with the companies player development plan and philosophy.
• Working within the pre-academy syllabus, plan, prepare and evaluate coaching sessions and players within those sessions ensuring they are logged in the coaches’ manual.
• Deliver coaching sessions in accordance with the pre-academy technical syllabus.
• Lead teams on ADC Match Days vs other professional clubs, approx. 2 x fixtures each month
• Ensure that the registration of players attending sessions is logged in the correct manner as set out by the Club.
• To monitor and assess the players in the advanced development centre in training and in match performances
• Preparing and conducting player/parent reviews on a school termly basis using the standard pre-academy Player Review Templates and ensure that such reviews are carried out following the SFC Player review protocol document and ensure that these reviews are signed.
• To liaise with the Advanced Development Centre Lead Coach regarding players’ progression. Support the ADC Lead Coach with selection of players into the ADC from the DC program.
• Contribute to and take part in a programme of continuing professional development as and when required by the club.
• To attend a minimum of 75% of Club CPD event each season (5 per season). Work towards qualifications when new awards become appropriate to the role.
• Inform the Lead Coach at the Advanced Development Centre of any player/family issues on football or non-related football matters concerning players/trialist within your care.
• Contribute to the Scouting and Recruitment process where appropriate in relation to the advanced development centre program.
• Support the lead coach administrative tasks related to the role, including the completion of registers at each session and maintain records securely.
Is this you?
Experience working with foundation age players.
Experience working within professional football at an elite junior / youth level.
Experience of working with a variety of schoolboy age groups.
Minimum FA Level 2 (working towards).
FA Youth Award (or working towards).
Age appropriate F.A. Certification.
UEFA B Licence (desirable)
· Excellent communication skills.
· Excellent organisational skills.
· Good level of IT skill.
How this benefits you…
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
A competitive hourly rate.
Opportunity to work for a successful Premier League Club.
Working in an environment with strong core values.
Learning and development opportunities.
Working with likeminded individuals.
How can I apply?
Very easy. Just click on the apply button below, enter your details and answer a quick pre-screening questionnaire, then attach your CV.
The closing date for applications is 20th September 2023.
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if a high volume of applicants are received.*