Hull City Academy are currently seeking a Casual Academy Coach to assist in the preparation and development of players for the Academy Talent Pathway. The successful applicant will be expected to deliver the technical programme for the Academy sessions, enhancing the individual development of players within the programme.
The main objective of this role is to assist on the planning, delivery and review of the coaching programme as per the Hull City Academy philosophy, as well as to coach a specific age group.
Position Type: Casual Contract
Location: Bishop Burton College, HU17 8QG
Closing Date: Friday 15th September 2023
Your key responsibilities:
· The planning delivery of coaching sessions within the Academy’s technical programme.
· Ensure all coaching sessions and games follow the Academy’s philosophies.
· Maintain current UEFA Coaching Qualification.
· Completion of FA Youth Awards.
· Attend all Academy Meetings when required.
· Attend CPD as and when required.
· Maintain the administration and performance clock of each player on the Performance Management System (PMA).
· FA Level 3 Coaching Badge, UEFA B (Essential)
· Valid FA Safeguarding Certificate (Essential)
· FA EFAiF, Emergency Aid (Essential)
· Experience of working with players aged between U9s-U16s (Essential)
· FA Youth Module 1, 2 and 3 (Desirable)
What are we looking for?
· Available to work a minimum of two evenings a week (from 5pm onwards), Saturday Sunday as and when scheduled
· Willingness to work unsociable hours and weekends.
· Work well as part of an Academy Team and on own initiative.
· Ability to build maintain local relationships.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
· Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development.
· Focused on individual player development.
· Willing to follow and promote the Club football philosophy.
· An understanding of how children learn.
· The safeguarding and welfare of our players is paramount and as such this position is subject to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
To apply for this role, please send your CV to —
We also request that you complete our Equality Diversity Form and return it along with your application; this is to help us monitor the range of candidates and will be treated with the upmost confidence.
Hull City Tigers Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief and gender.
The safeguarding and welfare of children and young people is paramount of importance to Hull City and as such this position is subject to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Hull City is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people. We expect all our Board, staff and volunteers to always adhere, demonstrate and communicate this commitment. Hull City fully accepts our responsibility to welfare and protection of children and young people therefore, our aim is for the golden thread of safeguarding to run through every element of the club’s work.