Sporting Your Futures was formed to navigate change in the community through sport and social activities, by being inclusive of all sections of the community. We target the young and elderly and take a proactive approach to engage inactive communities.
We aim to explore more opportunities to use physical activity as a tool to improve diversity, mental health, social action, cohesion, employability and the health and wellbeing of local communities. Due to the growth of the organisation, we are looking to recruit Assistant Sports Coaches to assist delivering sport and physical activity sessions to young people on a variety of programmes across various venues in the West Midlands.
Description of main responsibilities:
· To assist in the planning, delivery and evaluation of sports coaching sessions for young people aged between 5-16 on a range of initiatives.
· To create a supportive environment in which participants may improve their skills and enjoy their sport.
· To be responsible and always have a duty of care for the health and safety of participants.
· Liaise with parents, young people and partners as required to communicate any new information regarding any sessions.
· Past experience of working with young people within a sport/education environment is preferable.
· The possibility of working across different programmes for Sporting Your Futures as an integral member of the organisation to support the development of community sports projects.
An individual who has a passion for sport and physical activity.
An individual who possesses the ability to inspire and empower young people.
An individual who wants to develop and improve themselves using their mentor within the organisation as support.
To be responsible and have a duty of care for the health and safety of participants within their care.
Valid driving licence and own transport.
Minimum NGB Level 1 in Multi-Sports, Football or other sports (Applicants with no Multi-Sports/Football qualifications to be considered depending on their experience).
Sporting Your Futures CIC is committed to safeguarding and promoting children's welfare and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo several safeguarding checks, including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, reference checks with employers/education and where applicable, Barred List and Prohibition checks.
Relevant training for the role will be given to all successful candidates prior to starting (e.g. First Aid, Safeguarding, food safety).
How to apply: Email CV using the email subject ‘Assistant Sports Coach’ to email@example.com.
Alternatively, if you require more information about this role or organisation feel free to contact the email above
Interview dates: Recruitment Days and/or Practical interviews will be undertaken as soon as possible based upon the candidate’s availability.