Posting Number 2010465
Position Title Assistant Soccer Coach
General Statement of Function
Directs, provides leadership, and assists men and women head coaches with all coaching duties for Soccer Program operating under NJCAA and MACCC operating bylaws and regulations. Directs and coordinates all aspects of recruitment and training for athletic competition, and oversees the planning and fiscal management of the program activities.
1. Organizes, prepares, and conducts individual and team practices, training, and competition.
2. Recruits student-athletes in accordance with NJCAA and MACCC rules and regulations through scouting, attending tournaments, and home visits.
3. Directs all aspects, areas and components of sports team
4. Provides direction and discipline for players.
5. Monitors student athlete’s academic progress.
6. Represents sports program to various institutional programs and externally to media, government agencies, funding agencies, students, parents, and the general public.
7. Direct the maintenance of the game field, practice field and field house.
8. Prepares and oversees the program budget. Responsible for purchase and inventory of athletic equipment.
9. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and Two–Five years of coaching experience preferred
Equivalent education and experience.
Licenses, Certificates or Registrations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the game of soccer.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
· Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
· Knowledge of athletic recruitment methods and techniques.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Knowledge of NJCAA and MACCC regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
· Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
· Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
· Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For consideration, a completed Holmes Community College on-line employment application is required. In order to complete the application process, please be prepared to upload a copy of your official college transcript(s). You will have the opportunity to attach a resume and cover letter if you wish. In the event you are determined to be the candidate of choice, you will be required to submit official transcripts as part of finalizing your employment status.
Posting Date 07/20/2021
Open Until Filled No
Job Classification Professional Staff
Position Category Full-time
Position Type Day
Proposed Pay Range/Minimum Salary
Holmes Community College
Goodman, MS 39079
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Please indicate your highest level of education.
* If you have a degree in progress or additional course work that you would like for us to consider, please provide pertinent information. If there is no additional information, please indicate N/A for not applicable.
(Open Ended Question)