Posting Number: S000429
Posting Type: External - Open to All Applicants
Job Title: Assistant Coach of Women's Soccer
Position Title: Assistant Coach of Women's Soccer
Position Type: Administrative Staff
Benefit package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription insurance, Life insurance, Workers’ Compensation insurance, Unemployment insurance, and Total Disability insurance. Retirement: The University contributes 4% of the regular salary with up to 3% additional in matched contributions into the TIAA Retirement Program. Other benefits include tuition remission for employee, spouse, and employee’s dependent children under the age of 25 (this does not include the last two year of the PharmD program or the JD), twenty days of vacation and twenty days of paid medical leave per year.
Assistant Coach of Women’s Soccer coaching duties will be as assigned by head coach and will include administration, coaching, and recruiting for the ONU Women’s Soccer program.
Support the Athletic Department through serving as an Assistant Coach of Women’s Soccer.
1. Demonstrate expertise in the sport(s) to which he/she is assigned.
- Provide pre-season and in-season assistance on the field/floor. Coaching for practices and games as assigned by the head coach.
- Participate in coordinating, strategy, and planning meetings of the coaching staff.
- Assist in the management of facilities and equipment.
- Assist in game statistical and film analysis.
- Assist in team travel arrangements.
- Participate in player evaluation.
- Assist in scouting and evaluation of opponents through on-site attendance and film analysis.
2. Active involvement in the recruitment of student athletes.
- Assist in contacting prospective student athletes through phone calls and correspondence with high school coaches, alumni, and faculty.
- Participate in direct communication with prospective student athletes through telephone calls and written correspondence.
- Assist in the analysis of films of prospective student athletes.
- Participate in the on-campus recruiting process through luncheons, meetings, etc. with prospective student athletes and their parents.
- Participate in those activities sponsored by the Admissions Department (ex.- Athletes’ Day).
- Assist in monitoring the matriculation status of prospective student athletes.
3. Assist in the administrative duties associated with the coaching of that sport(s).
- Assist in scheduling procedures for contests and officials.
- Assist in the administrative “paper work” associated with that sport (ex. – contracts for contests and officials, OAC officials evaluations).
- Assist in facilities and equipment management.
- Assist in the inventory and maintenance of equipment, uniforms, etc.
- Participate in the academic counseling of student athletes (ex. – study table, monitoring of normal progress and eligibility).
4. Actively participate in professional advancement and public relations.
- Abide by all the policies and regulations established by the University, the Director of Athletics, and the head coach.
- Participate in appropriate coaches associations and professional organizations.
- Assist in the administration of camps, clinics, and symposiums in that sport(s).
- Assist with public relations representing the University and Athletic Program to the public while maintaining a positive personal and professional image in appearance and actions.
Coaching experience in soccer.
Two years of college coaching experience.
ONU is an equal employment opportunity employer. Accordingly, no person shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, transgender status, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, separation and other terms, condition and privileges of employment.
Appointment Length: 12-months
Closing Date: 05/31/2022
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants: