Active Through Football Project Officer
Location: St Mary’s Stadium, Southampton
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract (3 years)
Criminal Record Check: DBS Enhanced with Child’s Barred List
Hybrid Working Option: Yes on non-delivery days
Job sharing option available
Saints Foundation bring Southampton FC to the heart of the community, using the power of the club and our passionate team to help fulfil individual potential and make Southampton a better place to live for all.
What will you be doing?
You’ll be working closely with the ATF Coordinator and be responsible for delivering sessions for participants aged 16+ from the Newtown/Nicholstown area, using football themed activities to improve physical health in targeted groups.
To find out more information on the project, please click on the link below: https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/saints-foundation-active-through-football
Your desk will be based within the buzz of the Saints Foundation office at St Mary’s Stadium in the city centre, and you’ll be provided with our branded uniform supplied by Hummel, and the opportunity to go make a positive input to our local community. Working hours will include evenings and weekends. We are open to receiving applications for job sharing opportunities.
Is this you?
Energetic, motivating and love to be creative in your delivery sessions. You know how to keep people engaged and having fun! You will be working within a dynamic team so you’re great at building relationships and enjoy brainstorming innovative ideas with colleagues.
· A good understanding or lived experience of the target audiences that the project is looking to engage and/or the place in which it’s focused.
· Experience of working at a local level with community organisations.
· An understanding of the benefits of physical activity to benefit a range of health conditions.
· Experience of, planning and delivering engaging activity sessions to a varied audience.
· Experience of venue and activity risk assessments to maintain safe and enjoyable delivery at all times.
· Experience of utilising insight and data in relation to specific projects.
· FA Level 1 coaching qualification
· Introduction to First Aid in Football
· FA Safeguarding Children
· Excellent communication and organisational skills.
· Ability to support casual staff and volunteers.
· A flexible approach to working hours to include evening and weekend work.
· A strong awareness and commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion.
How this benefits you…
· If you are successful, you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
· Access to x2 free match tickets for every home league game
· Access to our staff Health Wellbeing initiatives (Mental Physical Health).
· Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
· 25 days’ holiday per year excluding bank holidays plus your birthday off each year.
· Contributory Pension Scheme.
· Worldwide Travel Insurance for you and your family.
· Learning Development opportunities - supporting you to develop your potential and achieve in your career.
· Free onsite parking.
· Cycle to Work Scheme.
· Collaborative inclusive working culture.
How can I apply?
Very easy. Just click on the apply button below, enter your details and answer a quick pre-screening questionnaire, then attach your CV.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 14th September 2023.
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if a high volume of applicants are received.*