Summary of Role:
We currently have an opportunity for a Under 9 – Under 16’s Physiotherapist based at our fantastic Academy based at our training grounds in Wetherby. This is a great opportunity for driven individuals who relish a challenge and are driven to succeed in a fast and innovative environment.
The Academy Physiotherapist is responsible for leading the delivery of the Academy Physiotherapy Programme to ensure a first-class player experience for players across the 9-16 age groups of the academy and assisting with the delivery of the Academy Physiotherapy Programme for players in the professional development phase.
This role is full time and includes weekend and evening work and the candidate must be flexible and adaptable to differing seasonal work patterns.
About The Company:
Leeds United Football Club is an English professional football club based in the city of Leeds, West Yorkshire, where we play at our fabulous stadium based on Elland Road, which has been the home of Leeds United since 1919 and remains one of English football's great theatres and is 'the only place for us' ever since. With a capacity of 37,890, it is England's 11th largest football ground in the Premier League.
Everyone at Leeds United is dedicated to working as one team and to be the best we can be.
Come be part of our fabulous team as we March on Together.
Main Job Responsibilities:
• Implement the Academy Physiotherapy Programme.
• Liaise with the Senior Academy Physiotherapists on a day-to-day basis on the assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation of players.
• Design and implementation of individualised rehabilitation programmes and return to fitness protocols for all players in the Under 9 to Under 16 age group.
• Provide match day cover for FP, YDP and PDP games as required.
• Oversee the implementation of medical screening as per EPPP requirements to include testing to facilitate recruitment activity.
• Support the Academy Injury Audit.
• Support the management of the full-time and part-time Academy Physiotherapy staff.
• Utilise the iP/PMA and ensure that all necessary medical records are maintained.
• Liaise with staff from other departments on the development of each player as part of the 6-12 weekly multidisciplinary review process.
• Contribute to the Academy internal CPD programme and engage in all external CPD as required by your role and to maintain your professional licence.
• Working autonomously to an agreed level and in the best interests of the Academy
• Forging positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to benefit the Academy
• Being visible to all internal and external stakeholders and supporting key staff when liaising with parents at critical moments
• Championing all Club and Academy policy through ensuring best practice in areas such as safeguarding, health and safety and equality, diversity, and inclusion throughout the coaching department
• Living the values of the Club and championing our culture to help deliver the Academy performance plan and ultimately the vision of the Academy and the Club
• Championing innovative and emerging best practice through accessing internal and external sources of expertise to help contribute to ongoing personal development and the overall Academy programme
• Engaging in the Academy staff development programme and attending all CPD events
• Participating in all external CPD to ensure compliance with PL, EFL and NGB standards
• Undergraduate level education in Physiotherapy
• Registered physiotherapist member of the HCPC and CSP
• ATTMiF qualification or equivalent
• FA Safeguarding children certificate
• DBS check with children’s barred list check
• UK Driving License
• Postgraduate level education in Physiotherapy
• A minimum of 2 years’ post graduate experience working in physiotherapy
• Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team to support player / athlete development
• Experience of working in a football Academy
• Understands the current Academy system and professional football culture and landscape
• Possesses an applied knowledge of EPPP standards and working practices
• Understands how a long-term, holistic development programme is structured
• Understands the function of each facet in a multi-disciplinary team in an Academy
• Possesses a demonstrable knowledge of health and safety policy and best practice
• Possesses a demonstrable knowledge of safeguarding policy and best practice
• Possesses a strong awareness of equality, diversity and inclusion
• Creates positive learning environments
• Plans and delivers challenging, age-appropriate activities
• Identifies and responds to the needs of the players by adapting their coaching practice accordingly
• Uses accurate and age-appropriate medical content
• Communicates using a variety of methods and using an age-appropriate vocabulary
• Able to justify and reflect on their practice and beliefs
• Builds positive relationships with the players, staff and all stakeholders
• Demonstrates outstanding listening, verbal and written communication skills
• Competent with modern technologies that support the performance of their duties
• Competent user of the Intelligience Platform (iP) / Performance Management Application (PMA)
What we look for in a team member:
• Inspires others and is a positive role model
• Is personable and able to connect and build relationships with others easily
• Demands high standards and has an attention to detail
• Shares the vision and values of the Academy and is motivated to achieve its objectives
• Aligns with the Academy playing and coaching philosophy
• Takes a long-term view of player development and align with the Academy approach to winning
• Possesses a passion for talent development and are motivated to work with young players
• Able to work in a high-profile environment with regular media coverage and public interest
• Is responsible and acts in the best interests of the Academy
• Is open minded, innovative, and willing to explore new ideas/concepts
• Enjoys facing challenges and have the resilience and resourcefulness to see complex tasks through
• Is proactive and able to identify and mitigate risks
• Is a collaborator and relishes the opportunity to work alongside others to overcome challenges and achieve goals
• Willing to share their knowledge experience as part of a community of practice
• Able to work with players, staff and other stakeholders of varying ages, experience, backgrounds, and cultures
• Committed to personal development and continuous improvement
• Possesses a strong work ethic and are motivated to be the best they can be
• Able to promote the positive image of the Academy and the Club