Salary: Competitive – please state your expectations on application
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week, to be worked across 7 days, including match days.
Location: The Nigel Doughty Academy Nottingham Forest Training Ground.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, enthusiastic, hardworking, and determined Coach to join our business and perform a key role within the Nottingham Forest Academy.
Based at The Nigel Doughty Academy, the role will be to lead the U16 group and assist the Lead Professional Development Phase Coach (U18) with the responsibility for the Technical development, and to assist in the Physical, Mental, Social and Academic development of the Academy players within the Football Club as prescribed by the Club philosophy.
Reporting to the Head of Coaching, we are looking for a great leader, who enjoys the challenges that come with a professional football club and who strives to maintain the highest of standards. Great communication skills are essential, along with a positive attitude, acting as a role model.
This is a great opportunity to join NFFC at an exciting time and be part of a successful Club that is passionate about its people.
Benefits of joining us
· Staff tickets to our home games
· Store discount
· Company sick pay
· Great team environment
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
· To provide to the best of their ability, and to the standard required by NFFC, coaching the U16 age group which will develop players of excellence quality for scholarship.
· To assist the Head and Lead Coach in the development of, and implementation of, the coaching programme in the professional development stage (up to U18). This will include developing and implementing team, group and individual syllabuses for this age group assisting the U18s coach in this delivery alongside the role as U16 lead.
· Support the U18 coach with practical delivery of the team training.
· To assist the technical staff in the coaching of the Academy players across the age groups when time allows.
· To select the U16 Academy team for match days with the Phase Lead and Lead Professional Development Coach.
· To manage the U16 team on match days to ensure the Academy playing and coaching philosophy is being carried out.
· Following all youth games watch a video of the game and assist the video technician in preparing the feedback for the players.
· To have an input regarding which players train and play with the U18 group from the younger age groups. Unless the Academy Manager wishes to be involved the final decision will be the Head Coaches.
· Be involved in the decision making process regarding signing trialists and signing and releasing Academy players at the youth development and professional development stage.
· Liaise with the U18s to ensure a smooth transition for players between the 2 groups. To ensure the players, the Senior Professional Development Coach, Head of Coaching and the Academy Manager are kept informed of any movement between the 2 groups or other relevant information regarding this transition.
· To complete all administration tasks relevant to the job on time and to the highest possible standards as required by the Academy Manager and Head of Coaching. This will include all tasks required by the Football/Premier League/ISO and the full requirements of the EPPP Audit Tool relating to the coaching programme. It will involve careful liaison with the Academy Secretary and Technical Staff as well as other key members of the Academy staff. In particular the each player’s Performance Clock and individual development plan should be kept up to date at all times.
· To ensure the correct procedure is carried out for trialists.
· To ensure that all players, parents and staff in their charge, act in an appropriate fashion as required by their relevant Nottingham Forest Code of Conduct.
· To promptly communicate with the Head of Coaching any important information regarding their work (e.g. may arrive late and reasons why; information on players).
· To take part in development activities, both inside and outside the Club, which will improve the quality of their coaching and overall work. This will include ensuring all qualifications are up-to-date and additional, relevant qualifications are undertaken when appropriate and agreed with the Academy Manager.
· To drive Club transport when required.
· To implement all reasonable tasks as instructed by the Academy Manager and Head of Coaching.
· To ensure all the necessary administration directly related to the player’s educational requirements and logbooks is completed to the highest possible standard.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
· UEFA ‘A’ Licence (or working towards).
· FA Youth Award (UEFA B).
· Advanced Youth Award or working towards.
· Excellent knowledge of Professional Football.
· Demonstrable experience working in Academy Football.
· Focus on individual player development within a team process.
· Creative presentation skills and experience of presentation (preferred).
· Excellent interpersonal skills, be adaptable to work with members of staff across departments and senior staff.
· Ability to work under pressure and willing to work unsociable hours to meet deadlines.
· Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development.
· Organised, methodical and logical approach to work.
· High level IT and presentation skills, in building and delivering relevant information.
· BFAS first aid award.
· Enhanced DBS check.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
· UEFA Pro Licence (working towards).
· Previous professional playing experience.
If you are excited at the thought of joining our amazing team at Nottingham Forest, our application process is via our Application and Diversity forms which can be found on our website and emailed to — Along with a copy of your CV.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive daily, please state your name and the job role in the email subject bar on application as follows: NAME – JOB ROLE – APPLICATION
· Closing Date: 3rd March 2023
· Interviews to be carried out w/c 13th March 2023
Nottingham Forest Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital / civil partnership status, pregnancy / maternity leave, race, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected characteristic.