Purpose of the role
• To work alongside key academy and first team staff to deliver a comprehensive Player Care strategy for the U9-U21 age groups.
• To work alongside Academy colleagues to achieve positive outcomes both personally and professionally for all Academy youth throughout their time with us.
• Work alongside key staff to deliver and contribute to the long-term Player Care provision throughout the Academy and in the player’s life beyond the Academy
Roles and Responsibilities
• To take ownership and lead the provision of the Player Care strategy, including, but not limited to;
- The creation and delivery of an effective life skills/personal development programme for Academy players from U9 – U21
- Providing inductions to all new players and trialists as the season progresses
- Provide effective wellbeing support around release, along with a three year follow up care programme as part of the strategy.
- Work proactively with players, families, and staff members to identify those who need support.
- Provide mentoring and one to one support for players as required in line with safeguarding measures.
- Create an Academy alumni to return and speak to younger on their successes and challenges both in and out of the game.
- Devise, lead and manage the Parent and Player Forums in line with the Academy Manager and relevant staff members.
- Attend and actively participate in in-house and stakeholder meetings on all aspects of Player Care and Wellbeing.
- Contribute positively to the wider Academy culture and the audit processes it is subject to.
- Design and implement relevant training for players/parents/staff to raise awareness of Player Care within the Academy and enhance provision.
- Receive regular feedback from the players and parents within the Academy, and work with the relevant management to review processes and procedures when needed.
- Always demonstrate strong role model behaviour.
- Arrange relevant training with external providers for Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion training across all age groups, parents, and staff.
- Arrange relevant mental health and wellbeing training for all Academy age groups, parents, and staff.
- Complete all administration to support relevant action plans, reports and training plans delivered in line with the Player Care strategy.
- Liaise with all schools along with the Head of Education and Designated Safeguarding Officer to provide a 360 degree network of support for the child/young person.