Peterborough United are looking to appoint two members of full-time staff to its Academy Performance Support Department to support its move to Category 2 status.
The roles are
• Senior Academy Physiotherapist
• Academy Physiotherapist
An exciting opportunity has become available for Chartered Physiotherapists to become important members of Peterborough United Academy’s Medical team.
Main Responsibilities include:
The Senior Academy Physio will have line management responsibilities for all medical staff and will report to the Head of Performance Support.
• Assessment, Treatment & Rehabilitation of injured academy players.
• Training, Matchday & Tournament medical cover for U18 and U23 players, and other age groups when necessary
• Organisation of medical cover for Academy Schoolboy Matchdays
• Management of part-time Therapists
• Organisation and delivery of medical screening as part of the process to aid the reduction of injury risks
• Take an active role in the collection and monitoring of growth & maturation data, including guidance on intervention when necessary
• Continually evolve and develop department policies in line with current research, guidelines & practice
• Integrate within and drive a culture of high performance; with individual development at the forefront of all planning.
The ideal candidates will have skills and experience in the following areas:
Essential (E) Desirable (D)
• BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy (E)
• Post graduate qualification in a relevant field (D)
• HCPC Registration (E)
• ATMMIF qualification (E)
Skills and Experience:
Previous experience of working with elite young athletes (E)
• Experience of planning and delivering treatment & rehabilitation of sports injuries (E)
• Experience working within a Football Academy (D)
• Experience of managing staff (D)
• Experience using PMA (D)
• Effective and appropriate communication skills, ability to build key relationships (E)
• Good understanding of growth & maturation and its implications on the development of athletes (E)
• Good understanding of the expectations of a Category 2 Academy in line with EPPP requirements(D)
Closing date for applications is midday Saturday 26th June.