Job Title Academy Operations Manager
Place of Work Tannadice Park, Baldragon Academy and HPC at St
Status Full Time
Report To Academy Director
Football Operations Manager
Key Relationships Academy Transport Drivers
Accommodation Manager and personnel
Player Care and Support Officer
Media and Communications
All Academy staff, players and parents
Scottish FA / Scottish Premier League
Salary Dependant on experience
Start Date September 2021
Overall Purpose of Job
This is a key role with the Academy in which you will be responsible for and manage the operational delivery
of the programme including all Academy administration, scheduling, facility management, regulatory and
governing body compliance and efficient communication with all stakeholders.
Main Responsibilities/Description of Duties
• To provide administrative support for the Academy Director and other key staff.
• To lead on the registration of all Academy players aged 10-18 years old including contracts and relevant
• To support Head of Talent ID & Recruitment with the scheduling, travel, accommodation, insurance
and expenses of trialist players.
• To ensure compliance with Scottish FA, Club Academy Scotland, SPFL and UEFA regulations including
maintaining up to date documentation.
• To support the staff recruitment process by obtaining references, relevant employment
documentation and other necessary tasks.
• To assist the Player Care & Support Office ensuring full compliance with all safeguarding policies and
procedures including PVG checks for all Academy staff
• To create strong communication links with all schools to support player’s education commitments in
relation to their club programme.
• To lead on the weekly, monthly and annual scheduling of the coaching programme.
• To coordinate all match day organisation including match officials, correspondence with opposition
clubs, facility bookings and travel.
• To manage the payment processes for staff, partners and suppliers.
• To coordinate all travel for the Addiitional Games Programme, Baldragon Academy, Club Academy
Scotland and Transition Programmes.
• To lead on the maintenance, stock checking and ordering of all kit and equipment.
• To manage and record all Academy facility bookings and payments.
• To lead an efficient communication across the club with all stakeholders.
• To attend Academy meetings to contribute to, record and share minutes and action points.
• To abide by all club policies including, but not exclusive to, Safeguarding, Equality and Health & Safety
• To maintain a valid and up to date PVG every three years.
Experience and Qualifications
• Sports Management or Business related degree.
• Project/event management and administration
• Experience of coaching within the relevant age
• Strong IT skills particularly Word, Excel and
• Excellent communication skills specific to age
and stage of players and other relevant partners
(eg. parents, academy staff).
• Ability to relate to and understand young
people, demonstrating personality and
• Committed to working evenings and weekends
including training sessions, fixtures and inservice training.
• Sensitive to the needs of young players and
• Full driving licence and access to a car.
• PVG check to be completed before
• Eligibility to work in the UK.
• Further education in relevant field (eg. Hons,
• Background in Human Resources.
• Knowledge and understanding of Club Academy
• Experience of working in football compliance and
• Experience in organising trips and tours both
domestically and internationally.
• Child and Adolescent Mental Health course or
• Additional skill set to operations that can enhance
other areas of the academy/club.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by
Friday 17th September 2021.