An exciting opportunity has become available within the Academy at Watford Football Club. We are looking to recruit a Lead Analyst to be part of a forward-thinking team responsible for providing video analysis and IT support to all Academy staff and players.
You will play a key role in the filming of all Academy games and training sessions, providing analysis of players and teams across all age groups as guided by coaching staff. You will also be responsible for the preparation of video feedback for use at team de-briefing meetings and individual player meetings, and for supporting Academy management with the collation of statistics relating to the Academy productivity targets and KPIs.
The role will be based at the club’s training ground in London Colney, and will include working across all Academy age groups (Under-9s to Under-21s).
The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, be enthusiastic, hardworking, and be flexible to the requirements of the position and the business.
Applicants should ideally live local to Watford and London Colney, be a UK resident or non-UK resident with a valid UK work permit, and ideally have experience working within a similar role.
BSc in Sport & Exercise Science or a sports-related discipline
• Prozone Performance Analysis Qualification
• Valid FA Safeguarding Certificate or equivalent
• Experience of using industry software (SportsCode, Prozone etc.) and video editing programmes (iMovie, Final Cut Pro etc.)
• Experience of working in a sports setting with youth athletes
• Be able to work effectively in a team environment and operate effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary support team
• Have an excellent understanding of football tactics and performance
• Understanding of the club’s commitment to EDI & Safeguarding
• Full UK driving licence or ability to travel to various locations due to the demands of the role
MSc in Sport & Exercise Science or a sports-related discipline
• UEFA A or UEFA B Coaching Certificate
• FA First Aid Level 2 Qualification or equivalent
• Experience of working with youth athletes within a football academy setting in a leadership role