We are looking for a pro-active, enthusiastic, and experienced individual to coach and educate our elite young goalkeepers within our Academy in a polished and professional manner.
As Melbourne City FC’s Academy Goalkeeping Coach you will be required to assist in the preparation of all goalkeepers within the Academy and National Premier League Teams on a Full Time, Fixed Term basis.
Who are we?
Melbourne City FC is part of City Football Group (CFG) and competes in the major Australian domestic football competitions, the A-League Men and A-League Women.
CFG consists of 11 football clubs and is the fastest growing sporting organisation in the world. Manchester City – CFG’ largest club - has been named as the most innovative sports team worldwide (Sports Innovation Lab).
About City People
City people are entrepreneurial, innovative, open-minded and team oriented. Our team members are humble and hardworking, challenge conventional thinking and have a will to win. They combine genuine understanding of the importance of our local communities with a global approach.
· Coach of Academy Goalkeepers from U14-U23 that compete in the National Premier League, Victoria and National Youth League, if required.
· Creating and delivering sessions at an elevated level within the Melbourne City FC goalkeeper methodology framework.
· Taking a lead in individual development plans for all goalkeepers within the Melbourne City FC Academy.
· Supporting Head Coaches on match days and in training sessions.
· Taking a lead in talent identification for young goalkeepers in Victoria and Australia.
· As required, supporting the A-League Men’s and Women’s First Team goalkeepers.
· As required, Coach Goalkeepers within Melbourne City FC’s school and community programs.
What We Need From You
· A minimum of FFA Level 1 Goalkeeper Licence (or working towards) – essential.
· Tertiary qualifications in Coaching, Sports Science or Education (preferred).
· Played or coached football at an elite level in Australia or in another elite national competition (preferred).
· Deep and demonstrable knowledge of :-
· youth goalkeeper coaching and youth football (in Victoria preferred); and
· the tactical, technical and physical requirements of modern football.
· Intermediate computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote and capacity to use software for match day analysis.
· Demonstrated commitment to coaching or education as a professional career.
· Discrete, honest & reliable.
· Engaging style, strong ‘can do’ approach with a winning attitude.
Some Incentives For You
· Opportunity to grow and learn from a global network of sporting professionals with the City Football Group.
· Reward and recognition Bonus Scheme
· A range of discounts from our corporate sponsors
· Collaborative and supportive team culture
· Exciting new Academy in 2023
· Free onsite parking
As our Academy Goalkeeping Coach, you'll need to demonstrate a strong work ethic, have the ability to educate and influence others positively and remain clam under pressure. The role is fixed term from 1 November, 2022 to 31 October 2023 and requires work onsite at our Academy in Casey Fields, Cranbourne as well as offsite on match days, which may include travel, working outside of office hours and weekends.
If this sounds like you and you're ready to join a great team of positive and passionate likeminded people, please send your covering letter and resume to Susan Mills, Head of Human Resources at email@example.com. Applications close on Sunday 6 November 2022.
Only applications from candidates with current Australian work rights will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The City Football Group is fully committed to safeguarding children and other vulnerable people across our business. As such, this appointment will be subject to Safer Recruitment processes including satisfactory criminal record and other background checks. City Football Group promotes equal opportunities in employment we positively welcome applications from all candidates.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience seem to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview. Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the respective country.