Session Rate £35, Match Rates £45-£55
6 December 2021
Job title Academy goalkeeping coach (covering Foundation Phase and Youth Development phase)
Location Various locations in and around Portsmouth
Hours of work Part-time (casual contract)
Reports to Phase Lead & Head of Learning and Coaching
Remuneration Session Rate £35, Match Rates £45-£55Role summary
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Portsmouth Football Club as we are seeking to recruit a committed and passionate developer of young people. The coaching would span across our Foundation phase and Youth Development phase.As a coach, you will report into the Academy Lead Goalkeeping Coach and collaborate to facilitate the goalkeeper coaching sessions for Foundation and Youth Phase players in line with the Coaching philosophy, vision and values of the Academy and the Club as a whole.Requirements of the role
– Understanding of effective coaching approaches with 9–16-year-olds
– Proven record of developing goalkeepers in an Academy environment
– Experience of dealing with minors and an excellent understanding of Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures
– Understanding of and user experience with PMA and Hudl
– The role will be based at the training ground in Portsmouth, however there will be a need to travel to a variety of venues in and around the city and on occasion, to away games or tournaments, therefore frequent access to your own vehicle is essential
– Right to work in the UK and satisfactory enhanced DBS check
Required & Desirable Qualifications
– FA Safeguarding Certificate
– FA Level 2 Goalkeeping
– UEFA B Licence
– FA Youth Award
– EFAiF certificate
– The candidate will be working towards, the FA Advanced Youth Award
– FA Goalkeeping Coaching ‘B’ licence *
– UEFA B Licence *
– *Is required to have either the UEFA B License or Goalkeeping B License
Guidance to consider
Please consider the below before applying:- Due to the requirements and the commitment the roles require, it is advisable that candidates live within commutable distance to the training grounds.
– Our GK’s will train on Monday’s and or Tuesdays and games will be on Sunday’s. These games might be played local to Portsmouth or further afield.General informationWe’re committed to diversity and inclusion and want people from all walks of life to apply for our vacancies. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process to help you. If you need any support with your application, please get in touch with us. We are happy to help.
Portsmouth Football Club is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all children, young people and adults at risk and this is endorsed by the club’s board. We are committed to ensuring that any club related activity will be in a safe environment where children, young people and adults at risk are protected from harm or abuse whilst under our care.
The club have a safer recruitment policy which sets out our practice to ensure all staff and volunteers are suitable to work with children, young people and adults at risk.
As part of our safer recruitment policy, we ask every successful candidate to give their consent for us to obtain two written references and to provide us with documentary proof of qualifications.
The successful candidate will also be subject to an enhanced DBS check along with completing a self-declaration form as part of the recruitment process.
Any offer of employment will be conditional on these requirements being satisfactory.
How to apply
How to apply The Club will not consider applications via third parties. To apply send your CV and cover letter to Lina Small – firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on the 6th December 2021. Interviews will be held the week commencing December 14th, 2021. The deadline for this vacancy has been extended, previous applicants need not reapply. If you don’t hear from us within 7 days of the closing date, please consider that your application was unsuccessful. At Portsmouth Football Club we are committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and we aim to build an accurate picture of the make-up for our talent pools. Therefore, we ask that you submit the information on the below link to ensure we are always attracting a broad and diverse range of exceptional talent from all areas of society. Responses are anonymous and the data gathered will be used to inform our future initiatives but filling in this form is voluntary https://forms.gle/H7NmjG95fgLSaWPD7