Academy Education Coordinator
3 days ago
28 Oct 2022 23:59
Key Performance Indicators
Contact with schools or parents to acquire player academic updates enrolled on the Part Time Training Model at least three times per season. The percentage of BTEC & A-Level learners achieving their target grade or above at the end of their course. <70% completion and achievement SEP apprenticeship End-Point Assessment. Reports to parents and schools of all players enrolled on the Hybrid Training Model programme every 12 weeks. Amount of registered academy players enrolling onto education pathways at the end of their scholarship (both formal and informal learning).
Key Role Accountabilities, Linked to appraisal
Management and organisation of the BTEC / SEP education programmes by completing assessment plans, schemes of work and schedules. Plan, and deliver challenging and engaging lessons as part of the BTEC / SEP education courses that meet the individual needs of each learner. Assessment of learners throughout BTEC / SEP programmes in compliance with Premier League and Awarding Organisations policies. Maintaining up-to-date tracking of each learner and providing a reporting platform to give constructive feedback to learners and parents in line with Premier League’s 6-Week Review Cycle. Conforming to Internal Verification requirements of the Premier League and provide samples for external scrutiny. Collaboration with all departments across the Academy to support the multi-disciplinary development programme. Delivery of the education provision for U18 players in the U21 Squad. Developing education pathways for post scholar learners and professional players from the U23 squad.
Desired Staff Behaviors, The West Ham Way
I always put the needs of the team and players first, I respect everyone’s contribution & opinion. I will represent, share & celebrate the history and values of West Ham United and its community.
I always aim to promote ambition, creativity & confidence. I invest time into my personal development and try to develop new skills. I am open to new ideas and trying things outside my comfort zone Hard Working.
I always give 100% all-the time, I strive to add extra value beyond my job description and I encourage & promote a hard-working environment by leading by example.
I am always respectful, approachable, and always display good sportsmanship. I will leave my ego at the door and I always aim to be humble, committed, and reliable.
To manage and organise the BTEC Scholars by completing assessment plans.
Managing the SEP Qualification for all PDP Scholars.
To ensure that each scholar achieves a full framework of qualifications through their scholarship programme.
To attend all Premier League Training Events as required.
To support the education department with other Academy Education Provision where required.
8 Weekly Blocks
To plan and organise the education programmes by completing Schemes of Work, Scholar Individual Learning Plan and Schedules.
To assess learners across the education programmes, maintaining records and reports to meet the requirements of the Premier League’s Learner Review Process.
To conform to the Internal Verification requirements of the Premier League and provide samples for external scrutiny as required.
To liaise with the Premier League and Awarding Organisations, developing and agreeing action plans and acting within the agreed timescales.
To teach and support the BTEC / SEP components of the education programme, ensuring that lessons are challenging and engaging whilst taking into consideration the individual needs of each learner.
To maintain accurate and up-to-date tracking of individual learner attainment and progress across the Academy Education Provision.
To support the department across other Education Provision.
To undertake all administrative aspects of the role to the highest standards.
To ensure effective communication with all departments across the football club whilst actively offering support and guidance as necessary.
Safe to Operate Responsibilities
1. Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people, and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background, or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
2. It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person, or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise.
3. Ensure implementation of the club’s health & safety, safeguarding, welfare and equality policies to create a safe working environment for all;
1. To engage in the necessary CPD and professional qualifications to further your expertise (ensuring all Premier League and FA stipulations are adhered to).
2. Always perform duties with due regard to club policies and procedures and legislative requirements;
3. Ensure working practices are compliant with relevant legislation and data protection legislation and/or general data protection regulations (GDPR) requirements;
4. Ensure, where relevant, that all performance data is captured in a timely manner onto the Performance Management Application (PMA).