Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with Academy medical staff in the assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of all injuries sustained within the Academy, predominately within the PDP phase.
- Provide 2 weekly morning clinics at the training ground (Wednesdays and Fridays)
- Remote out of hours access will be necessary as required
- Help with match day medical provision for U23s and U18s home games as part of our pool of doctors
- To liaise with the head of department, doctors, physiotherapists, sports scientist, nutritionist, sports therapist, psychologists and other members of the medical team, regarding player performance, assessment and rehabilitation of injury and return to play.
- Keep accurate up to date medical records of all clinical encounters with injures players, and record them on the club medical database.
- Lead on Covid-19 management activities
- Take an active leading role in clinical governance, including cardiac screening, concussion management, medical screening, drug management (e.g. anti-doping, prescribing) and emergency activities (e.g. defibrillator database and green bag equipment)
- Liaise with medical and surgical specialists as required (e.g. orthopaedic surgeons, radiologists)
- Maintain excellent communication and inter-departmental collaboration with all other facets of the Academy to ensure that the standards expected are upheld at all times
- Participate and deliver CPD sessions within the team, contributing to the research and development aspect of paediatric sports medicine within FFCs elite development programme.